Views
Helpful
Replies

Estimated Wait Time and Queue Positioning

shantanuadhya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am facing a hard time in creating a script with EWT and Positioning.

First call says that the wait time is -1 min 0 secs and 1 queue position.

2nd call says some time in mins and secs however the queue position is not said.

I'm attaching the script .Need urgent help .

I want to have EWT and Queue positioning .

9 Replies 9

This isn't a scripting problem. It is a data problem. The engine can't make any kind of accurate estimate without data. Bear in mind that estimated wait times will work best if you don't have a wide variation in call times. What I mean by that is half your calls are 5 minutes and the other half are 45 minutes. A single outlier won't skew the results too much, but it is an estimate. The other thing that will make your wait times inaccurate if you have a lot of agents that log in but never go ready (like supervisors sometimes). I am sure Google can find how this is exactly calculated, so I won't try to repeat it. It does involve the average call time, the number of callers in queue, and the number of agents logged in with the skills/resource group for the CSQ.

This is how we have built these two functions in one of our scripts.

image.png

Response Signature

shantanuadhya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

The EWT works however the Position prompt doesn't work .is there any way to check the logs.

The easiest would be to run a reactive debug and check the outcome of the position in Q in your script. Checking logs is a PITA and it would likely not give you the needed data, anyway not in an easy to understand form.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

I tried to run the Reactive Debug .However getting Reactive Debugging timer timed out .I have set that to 120 secs.

Are you calling into the script to trigger the reactive debug once you turned it on?

Response Signature

No I didnt call the trigger number I was running the reactive debug.

Please let me know how to use the reactive debugging.

You turn on the reactive debug and then you call to the trigger to get the debug to react on the application being in use. All this has to happen within the time you define for the timeout of the reactive debug.

Response Signature

Hi, 

As @Roger Kallberg mentioned, once you select the script from reactive debugging mode, you should call the trigger number and click "Step over" icon to move the call to the next step in the script. 

Check the variable values of variable position in your script. 

if you have not used this before, the following reference may help you to understand it better. 

Video link 

Cisco doc link

Regards.