Views
Helpful
Replies

exit_opc & exit_router

Bharath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone explains me exit_opc and exit_router. What it actually does.

Regards,

Bharath M

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bharath,

exit_opc

when you issue the exit_opc command. This command instructs the OPC process to exit on both sides of the PG, if duplexed.

Node Manager forces the process to restart, which then forces a reload of the configuration for the Call Router. All internal peripheral and agent states are flushed. Then, OPC and Peripheral Interface Manager (PIM) relearn the PG and its configuration.

exit_router

perform exit_router, which will make both routers to dump the current recovery key and get is from the DB.

Note :  perform during a Maintenance Window  for exit_router , exit_opc .

Thanks & Regards,

S. Ramamoorthy 

Regards,
Ram.S

View solution in original post

Active calls to agents should stay up, but new calls into the system will fail and/or hit whatever DR routing you have in place on the gateway.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi Bharath,

exit_opc

when you issue the exit_opc command. This command instructs the OPC process to exit on both sides of the PG, if duplexed.

Node Manager forces the process to restart, which then forces a reload of the configuration for the Call Router. All internal peripheral and agent states are flushed. Then, OPC and Peripheral Interface Manager (PIM) relearn the PG and its configuration.

exit_router

perform exit_router, which will make both routers to dump the current recovery key and get is from the DB.

Note :  perform during a Maintenance Window  for exit_router , exit_opc .

Thanks & Regards,

S. Ramamoorthy 

Regards,
Ram.S

Hi Ram,

Thanks a ton!

Can you also please let me know the status of the active and new calls when we perform exit_router.

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath M

Active calls to agents should stay up, but new calls into the system will fail and/or hit whatever DR routing you have in place on the gateway.

Hi,

We have performed this activity. But during that time i observed both the finesse URLs become inaccessible. Is it an expected behavior. Please confirm.

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath M

Hi Bharath ,

Yes  - OPC and Peripheral Interface Manager (PIM) release  the PG and its configuration. 

IF CUCM PIM and CTI Server have inter related communication .that is normal behavior . 

Ramamoorhty.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Hi Ram,

We have performed only Exit_Router. Please let us know if this affects.

Regards,

Bharath M

I understand the benefit of running the exit_opc if you uptime status is very high. Is there any benefit of running the exit_router if your Roggers have an uptime of 900+ days?

Any symptoms in an HA/Duplexed-UCCE cluster to watch for that would require an exit_router?

Have you done regular Windows maintenance and system reboots during that time for things like Microsoft patches? I'd say if the hardware has been rebooted but you've failed over with no issues to one side or the other during that time and you're not having issues, why do it?