cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Export UCCX Sound files 10.6.1

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

My Marketing department wants to listen to all the sound files I have running on my 10.6 UCCX system.  There are just over 200 departments.  Each department has a separate folder that is their 10 digit phone number.  So I have just over 200 folders each with the individual departments sound files.

In the old windows days I could just copy the prompts folder so someones PC or team shared drive and let them carry on.

With version 10.6 is there a way to accomplish this same mass copy or export of all the folders and sound files? 

I thought I could just open the UCCX backup tar files using 7-zip but for some reason I am not able to open any of the tar files with 7-zip or winzip.   I found out on another google search:

Be aware that your backup .tar files are encrypted by a randomly generated password. This password is then encrypted by using the cluster security password and gets saved along with the backup.tar files. You must remember this security password or take a backup immediately after the security password change/reset.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_0/configuration/guide/UCCX_BK_D9AB2A78_00_disaster-recovery-system-for-uccx/UCCX_BK_D9AB2A78_00_disaster-recovery-system-for-uccx_chapter_00.html

I can see all my files using -- file uccx list prompt_file user/en_US/*

But I am not able to get my sound files using -- file get or file uccx get in a mass download

Does someone know of another way to export all the folders containing  the sound files?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Del,

In the screenshot I posted the version of UCCX was 11.5(1) and the browser was Firefox 50.0.  It also works with IE 9.

I am sure that it would work with older UCCX versions. You have to right click on the folder icon rather than the en_US link.

Regards

James

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I ended up opening a TAC case for this.  TAC went in with root access and we used winSCP to sftp the files off the UCCX server to my computer.

Hi,

Glad you found an answer but I think there is an easier way.

If you right click on a folder icon in Appadmin > Applications > Prompt Management you can download the prompts and any subdirectories as a zip file.

In the graphic above I right clicked on the en_GB folder and selected "Save Link As..."

The downloaded zip file has all the prompt files organised in the same directory structure as they are on the UCCX server.

Apologies for not responding earlier.

James

Morning James,  can you share with me what version of UCCX you have, and the web browser and version you are using.

I am using UCCX  10.6.1.10000-39 with Firefox 43 & 45.  I do not get the same options you do.  I have tried your suggestion on both my root and my en_us language folder as well as my customers individual folders. 

In the below dialog I did attempt to change the file type to ZIP but that did not work.  When I opened the file with a zip program it was just garbage in the file. 

Hi Del,

In the screenshot I posted the version of UCCX was 11.5(1) and the browser was Firefox 50.0.  It also works with IE 9.

I am sure that it would work with older UCCX versions. You have to right click on the folder icon rather than the en_US link.

Regards

James

Hi,

I have tried it a UCCX 10.6(1)SU2 system and can download ok in that too - see screenshot below

I believe this method only works for 20Mb or less. The download is limited to the same zip file size as the upload, which is 20Mb

Yep, my issue was I did not click on the actual folder icon.  Once I left clicked just once UCCX paused for a minuted then I got the same popup you shared with the ability to save a zip file that contained all the sound files.

Thank you for sharing!

Maybe something changed but it isn't right click. A simple left click on the folder did the trick.  On pc or mac, it prompts to save the file.  Mine was close to 40 megs so size doesn't seem to be a issue, and it zipped up everything including sub folders.  

Thanks Ian.  A left click is so normal and so unlikely to work that I literally never would have tried it had you not posted this. This is with UCCX 11.6 & Chrome 84 btw.  If I had stumbled on the left click I doubt  I would have waited patiently for the several minutes that passed while the zip file was created. I appreciate your posting of your success.

Glad you found it helpful!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: