Views
Helpful
Replies

Extending time of agent auto answer

krishnamohan.kp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have enabled auto answer for the agents in agent desk settings. ( ICM 7.5 , CCM 7.0) . The customer requirement is - the call should be auto anwered only after 3 or 4 rings . By default it is not possible. Can this be done by some regsitry changes in PG .Or is there a way that we can change the beep sound wave file to a lengthy wave file so that agent would get ample time to answer the call even it is auto answer.Kindly advise.

Regards

Krishna

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jessepbeatty
Level 1
Level 1

If you use UCM line settings for auto answer instead of ICM desk settings, there's a setting called Auto Answer Timer somewhere in the service parameters that you can adjust. I haven't played around with it recently, but I think I remember the behavior being the agent hears silence after the initial beep while the customer hears ringback until it is answered. Don't quote me on that, though.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Why don't you add after call work of 30 seconds to your agents?  What you're suggesting is not best practice.

david

jessepbeatty
Level 1
Level 1

If you use UCM line settings for auto answer instead of ICM desk settings, there's a setting called Auto Answer Timer somewhere in the service parameters that you can adjust. I haven't played around with it recently, but I think I remember the behavior being the agent hears silence after the initial beep while the customer hears ringback until it is answered. Don't quote me on that, though.

hi Krishna

We also had this type of requirement from one of our telecom customer , as this option is not available in ICM so we customized  CTIOS to ring and then call get answered . It is working fine till now .

If you like to implement this feature you need to play with the code of CTIOS customization is required

Regards

Irfan Tariq

kartik.bhatia
Level 1
Level 1

You can try a CAD Work Flow on Call ringing event with a Delay[30 secs] first and then Call Answer action.

krishnamohan.kp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi jessepbeatty,

Thanks for the clue. It really worked. I have disabled the auto answer from ICM and enabled in the CCM service parameter with 10 secs. It worked.

Regards

Krishna

Krishna,

Glad I could help. The disadvantage to doing it that way is that it's set at the phone level, not the agent level. If an agent moves to a non-autoanswer phone it stops working. If you have a dedicated set of phones for the call center, it's probably not as big an issue.

hi Jessepbeatty

thats something new I will also try this one ,thanks for the useful information.

Regards

Irfan Tariq