Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility and Cisco Jabber CSF profile for UCCX Agents

Dear All

We have our existing agents login to the Cisco 7965 IP phones using extension mobility. There device profile is mapped under RMCM user in CUCM.  We also have IM & Presence server and i have configured Cisco Jabber profile for the Agents and have associated their extension in the Jabber profile. This CSF profile is also added under the RMCM user

However, when the agents try to login on the finesse browser, we get the error message that the device is not associated with the profile. Hence, i have to remove either one of the profiles from under the RMCM user ( EM device profile or Cisco Jabber CSF profile)

As i understand from the documentation, that this is a unsupported configuration as multiple devices are not supported for CCX deployments.

However, we need also the Cisco jabber profile for the agents to work in case when our main site is down and the Cisco 7965 phones are not accessible and the agents can login remotely via internet.

Can somebody please guide if there is a workaround for this scenario or how this could be achieved.  Below are the system information 

UCCX Version - 10.5.1.11001-49

CUCM Version - 9.1.2.10000-28

Cisco Jabber Client - 10.5.0

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, you cannot have the same ACD line on more than one device. Extension Mobility would be an option if you were using IP Communicator and hard phone, but EM does not work on Jabber. You might want to look at Extend and Connect feature of Jabber, but not sure if that would provide what you are looking for.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CSF is not Jabber profile, it is a Jabber soft phone device, you do not need CSF if all you need is IM/Presence. CSF would be there to allow you to make calls from Jabber.

Shared line of IPCC extension has never and will never be supported, so your options is to 

(if CSF is needed) configure them only with personal DN not ACD DN, as the personal DN can be shared on the agent's phone.

Dear Chris

Thanks a lot for your response. We want the ACD DN to be configured on Jabber Soft Phone as we want the agents to have the ability to receive the calls in case the hard phones are not available or lets say our primary site is down and the agent are operating out of Disaster Recovery site or their homes.

As i understand from your response, that this will simultaneously not be possible with both EM profile and Jabber soft phone configured under RMCM user.

Do you have any suggestion how we could achieve this functionality

Correct, you cannot have the same ACD line on more than one device. Extension Mobility would be an option if you were using IP Communicator and hard phone, but EM does not work on Jabber. You might want to look at Extend and Connect feature of Jabber, but not sure if that would provide what you are looking for.

Thanks chris. I believe the best way forward will be to provision some backup users for disaster recovery and configure their CSF profile under RMCM.

h.wassenberg
Level 1
Level 1

Agents can not use both the softphone (jabber) and their hard phones. But they can switch between them by making sure only one of them is active. This can be done by selecting use my phone for calls when the hard phone is logged in or use my computer for calls if the hard phone is signed out.

Yes this means using extension mobility!!!

This does not work
there is manual intervention required,
you need to add either CSF or EM profile to RMCM user
if you add both at same time you will hit the bug CSCvf87777
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf87777/?rfs=iqvred

Symptom:
The agent phone is turned on an registered to CUCM

When going ready, the agent gets an error message that says
"CF_RESOURCE_OUT_OF_SERVICE Please try again or contact the administrator."

This may happen to all or only some agents. The issue may be intermittent.

Conditions:
Issue appears to be triggered based on the following unsupported configuration:
1. When there is more than one device assigned the agent IPCC extension.
2. When there is a physical phone and an extension mobility (EM) (UDP- User Device Profile) associated to the UCCX RM-JTAPI user. This can even happen if only one device has the IPCC extension assigned to it.

Workaround:
Ensure the IPCC extension is assigned only to one device. If the agent needs to use more than one device, the IPCC extension should be assigned to an Extension Mobility device profile and only the device profile (not the physical device) should be associated to the RMCM user.

If the IPCC extension is assigned only to the EM profile, the physical phone needs to be removed from the RM-JTAPI user and the user needs to log out and log back into the EM profile before attempting Finesse login.

Further Problem Description:
It is not supported to have more than one device or device profile assigned an IPCC extension. It is also not supported to have anything other than IPCC devices assigned to the RM-JTAPI user. This is enhancement request for the ability for UCCX/Finesse to indicate to the user that there is unsupported configuration prohibiting them from going Ready to to fail the login with an error appropriately indicating the configuration issue.