Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension number/DN to current logged in user in UCCE

Hi,

I am looking for a way to get agent details from UCCE using the agent's extension number or calling terminal(SEPXXXXD276XXXX).

I am using JTAPI to get all the call events. The call events have calling terminal and extension number. I also need to figure out which agent the current call has got routed to. I haven't found any API which would give me the agent data with available parameters.

In UCCX, it was possible to fetch the agent details with the help of directory number (extension number) using AXL. But I haven't figured out a way to do the same in UCCE.

In UCCX, the extension number to agent mapping was static but that's not the case in UCCE.

Please help me with this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@david.macias @bill.king1 
I am thinking of using Finesse's Get user list API - This one.

In the response API, each agent has a field of extension id and it will be populated only when the agent is logged in. So I will fetch the response, create a mapping of extension_id -> other_agent_details. That way, when I get any incoming call with only extension_id, I will be able to get the agent details from the mapping I previously created.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

You're going to have to query the AW DB. That's going to be the only way to get it.

edit: Don't query the DB directly thought as it's not supported, but you can get an export of it and query that.

david

Which tables do I need to query?

I only have the extension id (8000) of the agent's phone.

I apologize I read peripheral ID not extension. So this is not kept in the AW. One option is to create a headless Fínesse gadget that updates a DB with these details. Another option could be to tap into the Live Data server, but this will prove much harder.

david

This may be overly simplistic, but what do you mean when you say the extension number to agent mapping isn't static in UCCE?

Some clients have done things like add in the agent's ACD extension in their description, since (in most cases), an agent won't share the ACD line (agent A works at ext 1234 in the morning and agent B works at ext 1234 in the evening), unless you have true hot desking or something going on and not using extension mobility.

I meant to say that Agent A can have the extension 8000 for 1 hour and Agent B can have the same extension for the next 6 hour. An extension number will belong to only one agent at a given time but can be shared among many agents throughout the day. In this case, how DO I know which particular agent is assigned to that particular extension (8000 in this case). Is there any way to figure it out?

@david.macias @bill.king1 
I am thinking of using Finesse's Get user list API - This one.

In the response API, each agent has a field of extension id and it will be populated only when the agent is logged in. So I will fetch the response, create a mapping of extension_id -> other_agent_details. That way, when I get any incoming call with only extension_id, I will be able to get the agent details from the mapping I previously created.