cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Gadget - Invoke two webservices and make outbound call

smeegada1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Any suggestions on handling below scenario from Finesse Gadget. I understand handling Webservice calls is easy with CVP app instead of Finesse Gadget but not sure how i can make outbound call from CVP app after getting webservice B response so thinking to go with Finesse Gadget.

- Invoke Webservice A from Gadget automatically when call is answered

- Invoke Webservice B after response from Webservice A(Pass Webservice A response value as input to Webservice B)

- Make outbound from Finesse with Webservice B response

-Assuming Inbound call should switch to HOLD 

Any suggestions is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Sreeni

3 Replies 3

bmachado
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi smeegada1,

May I know what kind of outbound call are you expecting to perform?
If the plan is to make route-point outbound call, you can achieve the same with consult api's in Finesse. 
- Your custom gadget can make WebService A call
- Upon successful  response invokeWebService B call
- On successful response fromWebService B, use dialog finesse API's to make outbound consult call. 

Consult call will automatically make original call HOLD.
I hope, this will help you in you scenario.
-Brinal

Can you explain the use case of what you're trying to accomplish? Perhaps you can do this in CVP, by using something like the transfer element, but I think we'd need to understand what you're trying to do/why. Here's the link to the element as background in the meantime.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp_12_5/reference/guide/ccvp_b_1251-element-specification-guide-cvp/ccvp_mp_t0f48d22_00_transfer.html

Hi Bill,

Below is the Use_Case,

Once agent answer the call and Member/Caller say they are calling about specific topic then agent will click button on Finesse Gadget. Once click the button, I have to call 2 webservices and then make outbound call to TFN and then conference Member so that all 3 parties will be in call(Member,Agent and 2nd leg (TFN)). Reason i planned to go down path of Gadget is because once agent answer the call then I am not sure how i can pass caller ANI as input to webservice call A because it will be outbound call.It would be great if you have any direction or have  a way to pass caller ANI to Outbound call.

Thanks in advance.