Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Logging

Roy_11
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Team,

Some Quick Question on Finesse Gadgets Logging , i will going to step up finesse Logging for Gadgets , can you guide me on this one ,please please .. If you have any sample code for Logging Finesse Gadgets please share me , help me on this . Please Team .

thanks !

26 Replies 26

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am going to need more specific details in order to help further. 

@Roy_11 wrote:

First js file for I frame development , and after I frame established  inside i frame second js file is executing for Gadget functions, i want to setup  logging for Second JS file 

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. How are you importing these JS files in your xml gadget? Does the XML import 1) jQuery, then finesse.js, then jsfile1, then jsfile2?

@Roy_11 wrote:

But Same Code i written in Second JS its Not working(Getting Error Gadget in not defined )? How i have to do initiate the Client Logs  for Second JS file .

What is the exact error you are getting and at what line of your JS file?

Can you provide code & screenshots?

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise ,
Does the XML import 1) jQuery, then finesse.js, then jsfile1,
jsfile 1 will call HTML page from this js file 2 mapped .

thanks

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I got the two JS files. Can you share the XML file too? I still don't understand how you are using these two files for one gadget. It seems like you are initializing the same stuff in both, which is incorrect if it is for the same gadget. Are these two files for the same gadget? Or two different gadgets?

What is the exact error that you are getting? Can you provide the line/stack trace?

Thanx,

Denise

denise ,

first js file is executing from XML and function of 1st js file for Iframe established and
inside the Iframe we are forming the table for this we are using 2nd js file

thanks

Hi Denise
please check let me know and if i missed anything from code , we need to focus on second js file for Logging.
thanks
ran

simple Understanding 1file is Iframe and Second file is inside iframe gadget table .
1st file from XML and 2 second file from HTML page .

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looking at your files, it seems like this is what you have,

XML file for the gadget that has a JS file (#1) as the business logic. This gadget is basically an iFrame that loads an HTML page that has a JS file (#2) as the business logic of the HMTL page.

Hopefully I summarized this correctly. If so, you cannot use the finesse.js or the finesse client logging in the HTML page and JS file #2. The finesse.js is only for the business logic of the gadget itself. So, what you see is correct behavior.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Yes your analysis is Correct i want to setup logging for 2js file , what would be the alternate way to initiate ,the client Logger in second js file?

Thanks 

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It's not possible to use/initiate the client logger in JS file #2. What the iframe loads is independent to the XML/gadget code. As I mentioned earlier, you cannot use the finesse.js within the iframe of the gadget (JS file #2). Finesse does provide the ClientLog API that you can call, but you would need to maintain the data/log lines on the HTML side then use the API to send the file to the Finesse server. But, this will create a separate file than the one of the gadget/desktop.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise ,

Thanks for so being on Time Responses , Now i am able see both file Logs in Client logs ,
Thanks
Rai

Hi Denise ,

Thanks for so being on Time Responses , Now i am able see both file Logs in Client logs ,
Thanks
Rai

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cool. I'm glad I was able to help.

Thanx,

Denise