cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is Finesse Dialogid available in uccx Database?

tauqeer.nasir1
Level 4
Level 4

Dear,

Is there any field in uccx database from where I can get the finesse dialogId?

My scenario:

On call land i save the dialogId in my custom database, later on i want to map these calls with ucce/uccx database but unable to find this dialogid in uccx/ucce tables. Please help

Regards,

Touqeer

8 Replies 8

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Touqeer,

I am not familiar with the UCCX database myself, but the dialogId is equivalent to the call Id in ucce/uccx world.

I found a 11.0 UCCX database schema doc, specifically the contactCallDetail table and the only field that makes sense is the sessionID. The only difference is that the dialogId can change when the call gets transferred or conferenced and the doc says "Identifier that the system assigned to the call. This identifier remains the same for all legs of the call.".

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thank you for response. I have checked and noticed that SessionID is something else it is not a dialogId. DialogID can be multiple for one call but sessionID is same for one call so we can say that sessionID is not a dialogID.

Thanks,

Touqeer

Hi Touqeer,

If you export the data for one of the call tables, do you see anything that matches the dialogId? Like I said, I'm not familiar with the UCCX tables, but maybe someone in this community is?

Thanx,

Denise

Ok Thank you

Hi  tauqeer.nasir1Dekwan,

I am working with dialogid and uccx Dialogid now, and I still can not find any relation between sessionid and dialogid. 

Now I have to lookup sessionid by time start of dialogid. Another solution is update custom call variable when on call.

Do you have any new clue?

Thank you very much. 

The Finesse DialogID is taken from CUCM (through JTAPI) and is the CUCM Call ID - which changes for each call leg.

I also could not see been logged in the UCCX Database schema.

But I did find this post - with a similar issue to what you have - and how you can set in the UCCX Script the CUCM ID to one of the 10 variables (and hence have it in the database). e.g. dedicated "PV10" as your "CUCM ID / DiaglogID".

This might be a workaround for you.

Do a quick test and see if the CUCM ID you get is the same as the dialog ID using the GetContact step as per the below post suggests. Note - if the IDs do not look the same - post them?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/call-manager-call-id-in-uccx/td-p/1702753

Gerry

Thank for your reply, gorourke.

I did update data call, I updated dialogid into Callvariable 7. But there are two problem:

- I dont know does Finesse use Callvariable 7 in few situations, If it does, its value will be replaced by my dialogid

- I make call by API, are there any ways to update call data when make call

Can you give me some information about this, thank you very much

- I dont know does Finesse use Callvariable 7 in few situations, If it does, its value will be replaced by my dialogid

Correct. You need to assign a standard Call variable to the complete contact centre for this to work properly.

Call Variables in my view should always be designed this way.

e.g.

CV1 = always equal to description

CV2 = always equal to something else.

CV3 = Spare

etc.

- I make call by API, are there any ways to update call data when make call

Do you review the API docs?

This is clearly answered in them.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!dialogcreate-a-new-dialog-make-a-call/dialogcreate-a-new-dialog-make-a-call

In UCCE you can set variables with the Make call.

In UCCX you cannot - but you could set them afterwards - using standard update call variable API

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!dialogupdate-call-variable-data

Gerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: