Views
Helpful
Replies

Get Digit String

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Novice script-er here...

I am updating an existing script to include a get digit string portion to allow callers to enter their customer number.  This will be displayed in Finesse when the call is routed to an agent.  All that is OK..

However in testing I notice if the caller enters only the # key, which is the terminating digit, they get the canned "I'm sorry..." something went wrong call us later automated prompt.

If the get digit string times out or is unsuccessful it is fine and the script proceeds, if they enter between 1 and 8 digits followed by ## all is well.  But entering just the# key results in a failed call.

I tried an If statement to check for # and follow the same path as a timeout or unsuccessful but that does not appear to be working as I have it configured

Does anyone have a solution they can offer?

UID.PNG

Thanks in advance

18 Replies 18

@Elliot Dierksen 

If possible can I get one scrren shot SO I can make the same.

Jijesh

I think you are getting caught by retries. I am not able to share a screenshot from a customer environment, but I can describe things. My recollection (I wrote this years ago) is that if you have prompt for retries, a timeout condition won't ever let you get out of the get digit string. My script has nothing in any of the get digit sting branches and 0 retries/re-prompt set. I do a validation of the input after the get digit string, and do a goto to jump back to the get digit string again if there is nothing in the input string variable.

@Elliot Dierksen 

Screen shot below.

jijeshktbramblescom_0-1694179067009.png

I’m sorry, but how do you think that this would break out of the loop for the timeout as you have nothing that evaluates the number of tries? Please read what @Elliot Dierksen and @david.macias have suggested. Besides that the post you’re posting in is marked as solved, as such it would be recommended that you create your own post to ask your question.

Response Signature