cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help with creating a simple queue script with voice messages if busy

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

this is my first time creating a script, i need to create a script where it is a queue for agents and if the agents are busy

multiple voice messages will play until an agent answers it is like the following 

the caller enters the queue>1-if busy play "agents are busy">2-if still busy play promotion voice message>3-if still busy play please wait for voice message>4-if still busy play a second voice promotion

my question do i merge all messages 1,2,3,4 into one voice message?or i make 4 prompts in the script?

and most importantly will the below script work for this scenario? i would just right click "select resources" and select my csq

Capture.PNG

15 Replies 15

Don't use the delay step, but rather use the hold step to play some music. I wouldn't play each prompt back to back no one likes to hold and listen to non stop talking. I would do this:

Prompt 1. Please hold for then next available agent.

Prompt 2. Promo msg

Hold music for 30 seconds

Prompt 3. Please continue to hold.

Hold music for 60 seconds.

Prompt 3. Again

Prompt 4. Promo

Hold music for 120 seconds and loop back to prompt 3/4.

david

i dont understand what is the difference between hold and delay? is it like in delay for 10 seconds the caller will have to wait the whole 10 seconds, but with hold for 10 seconds if during this duration an agent is available the caller will get instantly directed to the agent without having to wait the whole 10 seconds?

He meant delay, but while also playing music to the caller.

E.g.,

Place Call on Hold (Music Starts)
Delay 30 Seconds
Take Call Off Hold (Music Stops)

And if an Agent becomes available during the 30 seconds, the Agent's phone will still ring and can answer the call quickly without any further delay.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Just so you area aware of these two resources:
1. If you click File > New in the editor, there will be a list of templates to choose from, and one of them is called like Simple Queuing or Basic Queuing, I can't recall. Note that you have to choose File > New, as simply clicking the new blank script icon will not do this.
2. The getting started guide is pretty decent, but be careful, it gets complex real quick in the documentation, so stay in the shallow end for a while until you get your feet wet.
https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!the-basic-cisco-unified-ccx-script

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

Here is a sample/simple queuing script you can use to test.  It uses system prompts and all you need to do is change the sCSQ variable to a named Contact Service Queue you have created on your system:

2020-0418-script.png2020-0418-variables.png

Hope this helps.

-Sean

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

does this looks good to use? also i took this script from somewhere else and edited on it , in the bottom left box with the parameters there is some old parameter like the user one , are those simply parameters ? are they missing something in my script case?Capture2.PNG

Look at the script example above and try to follow that convention more as it's a better experience. The parameters are missing the name of the prompt files you want to play qp2, qp3 queueprompt1 should all have the file name you want to plat during that step.

david

the above example is complicated for a beginner, also from my understanding after i add the script to the uccx applications page i can choose the sound prompts

Your understanding is correct.

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

please can any expert modify the attached script for pressing 1 for a queue and 2 for another queue it would be great help to understand how to integrate key presses and queues for me

We need to know what version of UCCX you have, so we can save it in the correct version format for you.

Or, I suppose I could give screenshots too:

uccx-menu-1.png

uccx-menu-2.png

uccx-menu-3.png

uccx-menu-4.png

uccx-menu-5.png

uccx-menu-6.png

thank you so much , but i want each press to send to a different queue with different voice prompt? like each queue uses a different language so i need each queue to use different 4 wave files , i think here both presses "1" and 2 are using the same queue maybe?  can you please send it to me my ccx is 10.6 

No, the solution provided does in fact hold a different CSQ for each of the presses. Look again, and you'll see CSQ1 and CSQ2 being referenced under each press.

In fact, if you simply take that same logic, but apply it to a Prompt variable instead, you'd quickly learn that you already have all of the information to finish this yourself. Good luck.

PS, Your version is too old for me to write a script for. Please consider upgrading to a more recent version. 12.5 is out now.

so in the select resources i would pick eith er csq1 or csq2? and like create another queue loop and choose csq2?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: