cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hiding Caller's ANI in Finesse Desktop

Michael Miu
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to hide a caller's ANI in Finesse for privacy/confidential purposes?

In Cisco Agent Desktop Administration, there was option to create layouts and omit the ANI field.  Finesse doesn't seem to offer this, caller's ANI shows on top above the call variable layout.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

grebac.2ring
Level 5
Level 5

You could handled this by using 2Ring Gadgets for Cisco Finesse (www.2Ring.com/Gadgets) - since we can make sure that the number would not be displayed in Finesse UI. However, even if we do that, agent would still be able to see the phone number on the display of his phone. Therefore, I believe that the best solution for this would be to mask it using CUCM configuration..

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

grebac.2ring
Level 5
Level 5

You could handled this by using 2Ring Gadgets for Cisco Finesse (www.2Ring.com/Gadgets) - since we can make sure that the number would not be displayed in Finesse UI. However, even if we do that, agent would still be able to see the phone number on the display of his phone. Therefore, I believe that the best solution for this would be to mask it using CUCM configuration..

If you are using the Finesse out of the box call control gadget, you cannot omit/customize the caller's ANI from the call control gadget. grebac.2ring is correct that even though it is removed from the UI, you can still see it on the phone.

Thanx,

Denise

smeegada1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Michael,

Could you please share details on how this requirement is fixed/resolved?I tried with in ICM script and no luck.Any info is really appreciated.

No, unfortunately no solution with out-of-box UCCE. Tried filtering the ANI at CUCM level, but number still came through to Finesse desktop.

Thanks for your quick response Michael. I have tried in ICM as well but no luck.Will let you know if i come across any fix.

This should be possible by changing the ANI / Calling Party number at the Gateway or CUBE level.

This means you lose the ANI / Calling Party Number from your CUCM CDRs and UCCX Call Detail reports.

This can be very useful for the business and is also very useful for troubleshooting - so its quite a big loss.

But it should achieve what you need.

Set up a translation rule and profile and matching all CLI?

Example below matching against all numbers and replaces with "5555"

voice translation-rule 5555
rule 1 /.+/ /5555/

voice translation-profile bananas
translate calling 5555

And then assign this to the translation profile to the incoming dial-peer.

Reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/61083-voice-transla-rules.html

Gerry