Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure Outbound Option in Cisco Packaged CCE 12.5

Hi there,

We are doing the integration of our application with Cisco Finesse, we have to implement now outbound call functionality, I have gone through with the documentation but it is very lengthy and complicated, can someone please guide us into the steps to implement the agent-based outbound call flow, from where we have to start? 

And also, please confirm that does finesse supports the Direct Preview outbound option?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Muhammad Arslan

10 Replies 10

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We are doing the integration of our application with Cisco Finesse, we have to implement now outbound call functionality, I have gone through with the documentation but it is very lengthy and complicated, can someone please guide us into the steps to implement the agent-based outbound call flow, from where we have to start? 

You said you already gone through the documentation, so not sure this documentation link is gonna help at all, but I'll provide it anyways: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_12_0_1/maintenance/Guide/pcce_b_pcce-features-guide-12-0/pcce_b_pcce-features-guide-12-0_chapter_01001.html#PCCE_TP_IB9328D1_00

And also, please confirm that does finesse supports the Direct Preview outbound option?

Yes, Finesse supports Direct Preview Outbound Option.

Thanx,

Denise

Hello Denise,

Can you please share the same guide for PCCE 12.5?

Also can you please advise how we can access the Unified CCE Administration? i need to access the Campaigns page and Expanded Call Variables page to enable ECC variables but I can't found these after login at => https://www.<FQDN>:8445/cfadmin

One more point, what does mean by Unified CCE PG Side A IP, is it referring to Primary Server IP?

Regrds,

Muhammad Arslan

Hi,

Here is the guide for 12.5: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_12_5_1/maintenance/guide/pcce_b_features_guide_12_5/pcce_b_pcce_features_guide_12_5_chapter_01010.html#PCCE_TP_IB9328D1_00

On a PCCE system, the admin should be at: https://<FQDN of aw>/cceadmin/. The cfadmin is the Finesse Admin and not cce.

Yes, CCE PG side A is the primary server for the PG.

Thanx,

Denise

Hello Denise,

I have implemented the Outbound Option but I am facing one issue, sometimes the call is forwarded to the logged-in agent, and most of the time not forwarded, the text file is collecting and renamed as list.txt.bkp but no action performed next, after a lot of tries it worked.

I have done the below steps, kindly check and advise why i am getting this issue or what i am still missing: 

- Configure the Dialer Component
- Enable Expanded Call Context Variables
- Configure System Options
- Disable Ringback During Transfer to Agent for SIP
- Import Rule
- Query Rule
- Define Campaign
- Define Call Type
- Define Dialed Number

Regards,

Muhammad Arslan

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with debugging outbound configuration issues. I would suggest taking a look at the CCE logs to see if it is an issue with the call itself or the outbound process.

Thanx,

Denise

What does it show in the Dialer Detail for the records?

If you test to your cell phone as an example, do you as the customer receive the call ever? In other words, where is it breaking (i.e. agent not reserved, agent reserved but customer doesn't get call, customer and agent not connected, etc.)?

Hi bill,

Before going into detail let me tell you that we are testing the outbound option at the finesse agent desktop. We have to implement it in a 3rd party module.

Yes, Agent is not reserving, but after multiple trying like (renaming input text file, restarting services, agent sign-out, and sign-in again) the agent got reserved, and call received. When we check from the Script Editor, while testing outboundSkillGroup script, Call Tracer shows us that call is routing to the available agent which is a member of outboundSkillGroup.

Regards,

Muhammad Arslan

Hello Bill,

Let me explain the issue in more detail.

The agent is not reserved, call does not land on the agent side for preview-only mode.
The dialer is not initiating the call after change the file name and the outbound routing script is not triggered, even we are tracing sip messages and debug ccsip messages, nothing is sent.

Please advise.

Regards,

Muhammad Arslan

So what happens if you follow it step by step, so the file is imported and renamed, is your test agent 100% dedicated to this campaign, is the outbound percent dedicated to the campaign, etc.

In other words, if you set up the file and wait 10 minutes as an example, how does the record show in the various databases?

I'm a little confused when you say 3party module.

Hello Bill,

Sorry for the late reply, Outbound Option is working now, we have implemented the Preview-Only mode successfully.

Besides the steps listed above, we did one more step, from Peripheral Gateway Setup, we installed the Dialer component and set the IP for our voice gateway server (SIP server).

Regards,

Muhammad Arslan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: