Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set a call as abandoned if the call duration is less than a few seconds

Hi,

I have an installation of UCCX 8.0.2.11004-12 with 20 agents and a CUCM 8.5.1.11900-21. The request is to be able to characterize a call as abandoned, if the duration of the conversation between the caller and the agent is less than a few seconds (ie 3 seconds). The situation is that there are some cases where the caller is waiting for a time period in the queue and when an agent becomes available and answers the call, the caller get bored and hang up before actually talking with the agent.

Thank you in advance.

Agelos

7 Replies 7

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I can't imagine you could ever do this, as we are talking about two diametrically opposed concepts.

An abanoned call was never routed to anyone - it just died in the router when the caller hung up. ICM has the concept of "short calls" which is an abandoned call with a lifetime shorter than a threshold, allowing you to throw those out when looking at abandoned stats (thus dealing with wrong numbers, callers who quickly change their mind when they hear the queue music etc.)

A routed call is normally an answered call, although for those contact centers that don't implement auto-answer, there is the possibility that it is classified as "abandoned ringing".

You could build some sort of custom query looking for answered calls with sub 5s talk time.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, you mean that I can make the query on the Historical Reports or do I have to classify these kind of calls inside the script?

Agelos

The calls disconnected before reaching the agent are classified as abandoned calls. Once it's connected to the agent, it's not the concern to the UCCX server. So, you are trying to changing the meaning of the abandoned calls in UCCX reports. But you can do so by creating your own reports.

Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, you mean that I can make the query on the Historical Reports or do I have to classify these kind of calls inside the script?

Agelos,

Sorry, I was answering in an abstract way. I don't know any details about Express reporting.

Regards,

Geoff

You cannot classify the call from within the script once the call connects to the Agent. You could use an alternative means, such as wrap up data, and put the burden on the Agent to classify the call.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Agelos,

If the caller hangs up prior to being routed to an agent, that call will be classified as abandoned unless you have specifically (in the script) set the call status to "Handled".

If the caller has gotten bored, and goes to hang up, the likelihood of it occurring in a 3 second window after going to an agent is pretty low.  I'm not sure what's special about that 3 second window, but certainly if they hang up before that, it will be classified as abandoned.

Does this help?  In reading the original question, and some of the other responses, I'm thinking you were trying to figure out how to get calls in general classified as abandoned.

Cliff

Thanks a lot guys. It was very helpfull to clear out my understanding.

Agelos