cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upload an empty prompt from script

yixiu0317
Level 1
Level 1

We recently migrated from UCCX11.6 to UCCX12.5, one of the function that allow contact centre team lead reset prompt to blank was broken. I could not figure out what went wrong.

The call flow is like below

call application

|

enter pin

|

enter prompt id(which is 4 digits number)

|

choose the reset to blank

|

script will overwrite existing prompt as empty prompt

I attached the screen shoot of the script.

The document "blank" is an empty xml file, which is used to overwrite existing prompt as empty prompt.

The only thing has changed are the uploadusername and uploaduserpassword, but the new credential can be used to upload new prompt that recorded by user, so I do not think it is permission issue.

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Anthony Holloway wrote:

Nice of you to credit me!

If you wanted to trade file size for simplicity, you could upload a delay prompt of 1ms as DP[1].  Here's a comparison of the two:

I always try to credit those I steal from. : )

I like the delay prompt solution, but I could still see it being a little confusing if you're not familiar with casting variables.  If I understand you correctly you:

1. Create a new Prompt variable (named "small_audio" in this example)
  2. Change its initial value from "P[]" to "DP[1]" (which creates it as a 1ms "Delay Prompt", which are described in the "Expression Language Reference Guide volume 3" PDF)
  3. Lastly in the "Upload Prompt" step you set its "Document" field to "(Document) small_audio".  Putting "(Document) " in front of the Delay Prompt variable name casts it to type "Document" and allows you to enter it in this field.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jim-j
Level 3
Level 3

I stole an @Anthony Holloway solution for this.  The original post isn't available, but this is what he posted:

Create a variable in your prompt manager script:
Document silence_is_golden = BIN[524946463000000057415645666d74201000000007000100401f0000401f0000010008006661637404000000000000006461746100000000]
Then, when your menu option for silencing the prompt is pressed, upload your document with the same filename as your original prompt.

Maybe using a variable like this would work better for you.

If you wanted to trade file size for simplicity, you could upload a delay prompt of 1ms as DP[1].  Here's a comparison of the two:

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 11.23.23 AM.png

@Anthony Holloway wrote:

I always try to credit those I steal from. : )

I like the delay prompt solution, but I could still see it being a little confusing if you're not familiar with casting variables.  If I understand you correctly you:

1. Create a new Prompt variable (named "small_audio" in this example)
  2. Change its initial value from "P[]" to "DP[1]" (which creates it as a 1ms "Delay Prompt", which are described in the "Expression Language Reference Guide volume 3" PDF)
  3. Lastly in the "Upload Prompt" step you set its "Document" field to "(Document) small_audio".  Putting "(Document) " in front of the Delay Prompt variable name casts it to type "Document" and allows you to enter it in this field.

You nailed it!

yixiu0317
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you jim_j and Anthony, it has been fixed.

I would say Anthony deserve another credit since I think the idea of the original script was from him as well.

@yixiu0317 wrote:

Thank you jim_j and Anthony, it has been fixed.

I would say Anthony deserve another credit since I think the idea of the original script was from him as well.

Most definitely @Anthony Holloway should get credit.  I never come up with my own solutions, just try to understand his. : )