Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Queue to skillgroup Node Working

George Michaell
Level 1
Level 1

guys,

can you please explain how the queue to skill group node works, if we add two skill groups and put an if condition then what exactly will happen

like in the below scenerio calls will pile  up at skillgroup1 and will continously be checking the condition and if the condition  is successfull it be routed to skillgroup 2, its confusing, can somebody clear this ambiguity?

Header 1Header 2Header 3
skillgroup1
route1
skillgroup2conditionroute 2
9 Replies 9

The condition is only checked when the call enters into the queue to skill group node. It will not continuously check the condition.

-Jameson

-Jameson

thats strange, so you mean if a call comes and to the node and will check the condition and if the condition is not successfull then it will be queued to the first skillgroup and will remain there till the agent in that skillgroup is available??

Yes, that is correct.

It would certainly be more user-friendly if it checked continuously, but unfortunately that is not the case. From a programming standpoint, creating that functionality would potentially be very resource-intensive on the server.

The main reason I would see to use the conditions on a continuous basis would be for time-in-queue based checks. In UCCE 9.0 you could use Precision Queues for this functionality.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

So in what scenario a Queue to Skill group node with an empty "consider If" will go over the fail path?

I see this on my ICM script but I'm not able to replicate the issue, I have some agents that logged in using CAD and other agents logging in directly to the phone through services.

thank you

Xtian

Queue node failure can happen for a few reasons:

• Requery - If you have requery enabled for the queue node, and an agent fails to answer their ringing phone within the RONA timer, then the call exits the fail path of the queue node.
  • Failure to queue - If you queue to an empty skill group (no agents assigned the skill), the call will fail to queue and exit the fail path of the node.
  • Failure to queue (part 2) - If you have "consider if" statements on all of the skill group lines, and all of them fail, this is logically equivalent to the previous item in this list. The call will fail to queue and exit the fail path.

There may be more causes than this, but there are the ones coming to mind right now that I see most often.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Awesome, thank you for the response.

I'll try to replicate the issue now.

-Xtian

one more to add, if your peripheral for the skill group is down or not operational its gonna fail..

Chintan

Hi James,

I have made one test call and as per the realtime information the call is Queued is to all three skill Groups but as per your verdict it will be not paralel queue the calls and will be queued only on one skillgroup,

can you please check the attached screenshot which shows Parallel Queueing.

BR,

A

Abdullah,

I never stated that you can't queue to multiple Skill Groups simultaneously. My only intent was to state that if you set a condition on one of the queued Skills, and that condition is not met at the beginning of queuing, then you will not queue to that Skill.

Queuing to multiple Skill Groups at once is certainly possible and I use it all the time in the same way as you demonstrate in your screenshot.

-Jameson

-Jameson