cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Scripting Error Handling Best Practice

Mark Applebee
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me what is the best way to handle errors in ICM scripting. For example false node on Send to VRU or Run Ext Script node, I normally handle this with calltypes for errors and then continue the callflow. But recently I noticed that some of my clients are using peripheral variable to store an error message instead of calltype. I am just wonderinmg which is the best option?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't think you need a call type, I usually set PV10 = "Error: XYZ".  Creating a call type just seems a little redundant, however it would make it easier on the reporting side as you don't have to create any custom queries to search for a specific error type.

david

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

I don't think you need a call type, I usually set PV10 = "Error: XYZ".  Creating a call type just seems a little redundant, however it would make it easier on the reporting side as you don't have to create any custom queries to search for a specific error type.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: