Views
Helpful
Replies

Increasing space in C drive of CVP servers

Razaakram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dears,

customer wants to increase the space in the C drives of the Cisco CVP servers, as we are running with the shortage of space, I need to know, is it possible to increase the space, is there possibility of crashing the server? Did anyone try this before? Looking forward for suggestions from the experts.

BR,

6 Replies 6

This is more of a Windows issue than a CVP issue. I would say you should be fine, but I've personally never done this. The good thing is that you can do this in one CVP server and if it fails, just rebuild the whole box and you're done. Personally, I would figure out what's consuming drive space and move that to another drive. Ultimately, that might be the more long term solution.

david

Hi David,
Thanks for the quick response, From the Windows prospective I know there is no issue and it works fine as I have tested on some servers. I have doubt that due to changes on the OVF template system might not be working properly or start malfunctioning as it is not recommended by Cisco.

Hi,

If your are planning to increase only C & D.. drive for  CVP VM machine .  

Stop CVP call  server services from CVP OAMP console

Shutdown the server

From ESXi power off the server and increase to C or d drive then power on

Login to CVP and go to Server manager – Storage – Disk Management , select the drive and right click and expand .

Start the CVP service and make few test calls

Thanks & Regards,

S. Ram

Regards,
Ram.S

To David's point, it may be something like CVP/VXML application logs for instance that are not set to be purged/are larger than expected, you might save yourself some headache by moving/deleting some of the log files that are no longer needed to free up the space you need.

Agreed - first clean up all log files:

cd \Cisco\CVP\logs and run del /s *.log

cd \Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\applications and run del /s *.txt

cd \Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\logs and run del /s *.txt

cd \Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\Tomcat\logs and run del *.log

Maybe there is other stuff (like the software installers) you can clobber.

The old OVAs made a 80GB drive - the new OVAs make a 160GB drive. The new ones are typically no problemo.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks everyone for your value able suggestions.