cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing UCCX subscriber - What MAC address should I specify?

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

When installing a UCCX subscriber I'm asked for the MAC address of the subscriber. 

Should I enter the MAC address od the VmWare virtual machine or leave the field blank?

I found a video with instructions on how to install UCCX subscriber and in it it was suggested to leave the MAC address field blank.

Regards.  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, you can leave it blank. G.

View solution in original post

Yeah, it's always blank. I'd love to know the origin, but the online help is useless (something vague about migration scenarios I think) and when I see a MAC address in that box, I worry.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, you can leave it blank. G.

Yeah, it's always blank. I'd love to know the origin, but the online help is useless (something vague about migration scenarios I think) and when I see a MAC address in that box, I worry.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The official Cisco UCCX Installation and Upgrade Guide 10.6.1 states that a MAC should be specified :)

Add Second Node

Step 5 Enter the MAC address details in the MAC Address field.

Yeah... does it say whether it should be the license MAC or the real MAC?

It doesn't say anything more about the MAC address. That's why I decided to ask here :)
These are all the listed steps for adding a second node in the UCCX Installation and Upgrade Guide 10.6.1

Step 1   Log in to the Cisco Unified CCX Administration web interface of the first node.
Step 2   Choose System > Server.
Step 3   Click Add New.
Step 4   Enter the IP address or the host name of the second node in the Host Name/IP Address field.
Step 5   Enter the MAC address details in the MAC Address field.
Step 6   Click ADD.

Yup. And let me tell you I have been spending some time to get to the team or person in charge so that this piece of information may be updated with a sort of an explanation very soon. G.