cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Int Variable set as Parameter

Mick Doran
Level 1
Level 1

So I just created a script for UCCX and everything works fine but I wanted to create an Int variable that can be entered/updated via the application webpage and this does not seem to be working.

This works just fine:

( todaysDayOfWeek >= 2 && todaysDayOfWeek <= 5 && todaysTimeofDay >= 5 && todaysTimeofDay <= 17 )

But this doesn't work:

( todaysDayOfWeek >= 2 && todaysDayOfWeek <= 5 && todaysTimeofDay >= buOpen && todaysTimeofDay <= buClosed )

MickDoran_0-1699635262019.png

todaysDayOfWeekintD[now] .dow 
todaysMonthOfYearintD[now] .month 
todaysTimeofDayintT[now] .hod 
buClosedint0Parameter
buOpenint0Parameter
10 Replies 10

Could this be a bug? If you hard code it in the script variable does it work? I don't see why this shouldn't work.

david

So I am putting any changes on pause.  I've opened a TAC case as the changes don't seem to be taking when I upload the script and we have been having issues with people being randomly disconnected from Finesse and calls not getting through.  We have about 50 CSQ's in production and this is on a test script I am writing for an organizational wide reconfiguration of CSQ's.  The script passed validation and yesterday tested well but ever since I put those two variables in the script buOpen/buClosed the script doesn't update and even if I revert the if/then to 5 and 17 respectively it doesn't update.  I believe it may be a larger problem but I appreciate your input.  Thought I was going crazy for a bit.  I'll keep this post updated as to what we find.

@Mick Doran wrote:

So I am putting any changes on pause.  I've opened a TAC case as the changes don't seem to be taking when I upload the script and we have been having issues with people being randomly disconnected from Finesse and calls not getting through.  We have about 50 CSQ's in production and this is on a test script I am writing for an organizational wide reconfiguration of CSQ's.  The script passed validation and yesterday tested well but ever since I put those two variables in the script buOpen/buClosed the script doesn't update and even if I revert the if/then to 5 and 17 respectively it doesn't update.  I believe it may be a larger problem but I appreciate your input.  Thought I was going crazy for a bit.  I'll keep this post updated as to what we find.

You've done the basics of refreshing the script (if you're uploading it) and refreshing the app(s)?

I also don't see a problem with how you're using parameters in your script (although your parameter value of 5 is different than the hard coded buOpen value of 8).

Are the CCX engine services in full service (on both nodes if applicable)? If yes, try checking replication between the nodes.

Are you sure you are using the right version of the CCX editor? An older version SHOULD create scripts that are compatible. A newer script editor (V12 editor for a V11 server) could create problems. I would try downloading and installing the editor from server to a machine that does not have any of the editors installed and see if the problem persists.

That's why I opened the TAC case.  I always download the editor from the system I'm working on so I don't believe that to be the issue.  Although this particular system appears to have and Engineering Special applied to it as it's reporting 12.6 as the version number.  CCX Engine, etc. were all in full service, synced with no erroers.  Replication status was good.  Nothing looks/seems amiss but the script is definitely not updating now and when I delete it and upload an new one it is causing agents to get kicked off of finesse/logged out so I'm waiting on TAC to see if they find something before I just reboot the servers.

Hi,

Did you try to put  variables between quotes?

Please let me know 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

I did, but see my reply above.  I tried a number of things with no change so I believe it is more a system issue at this point.

Have you tried a reactive debug, to actually see what happens in the script when a Call enters?

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Maybe I do this wrong but I have never done the debug because it always fails at the Accept step.  I usually just validate the script.

What is the failure after the accept step?

Are you using the right version of the Script Editor (The one downloaded from your current installation?)

The reactive debug should work

This is the steps :

1. From the Cisco Unified CCX Editor menu bar, choose Debug > Reactive Script.
  2. In the Script File Name text field, use the drop-down menu to choose the desired script.
  3. In the Wait Time (Secs) text field, enter the amount of time you want the Cisco Unified CCX Engine to wait for the result of a triggering event 
  4. Click OK.
  5. Call the application Trigger.
  6. Choose Debug > Continue to allow the system to continue debugging, or Debug > Step Over to debug one step at a time ThomasGJohannesen_0-1699952832012.png

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.