Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Agent Desktop - Media Termination

ldemanet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When IPCC express agent desktop is installed with Media Termination capability, do you still require a softphone/communicator to work with it or can the agent desktop application act as a SoftPhone by itself?

Same question for IPCC enterprise?

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

With CAD with Media Termination you don´t need softphone or communicator. CAD with MT is a phone in itself, it would be a CallManager extension. But if you are not logged in, the extension doesn't exist.

It is the same for IPCC Enterprise.

Hope this helps.

Juan Luis

Thank you Juan for your fast answer.

Why do people use a softphone/communicator in conjunction with Agent Desktop then ?

Just in case they are not logged in as agent ?

Thanks!

With CAD with MT you are always an agent. Your extension doesn´t exist if you are not logged in.

With Softphone or Communicator you can have your callmanager extension with a lot of callmanager features that you don´t have with CAD. And I think that the main reason is the price. CAD with MT is the cheapest solution for an agent.

Regards,

Juan Luis

Thank you Juan!

Just a last thing, is there anything special to configure in the CCM for CAD with MT to work, without any IP Phone?

I installed CAD with MT, but the agent is able to log in only if a hardphone or softphone with its extension is present. How can I tell IPCC that my agent does not have any phone and allow him to log in?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: