cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IS IT POSSIBLE TO DECLINE AN INCOMING CALL USING FINESSE DIALOG APIs ?

AgshinA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

There is not decline option in Cisco Finesse Dialog API Documentation(Take Action on Participant section : https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!dialog%e2%80%94take-action-on-participant/dialogtake-action-on-participant). How can I handle decling incoming calls using API? 

Thanks in advance!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Agents are by design not allowed to reject incoming calls / tasks - so I think its unlikely that the API has this ability.
Move the agent into Not Ready if you don't want to receive incoming calls / tasks.

View solution in original post

jozefnad
Level 1
Level 1

You can make just allowable actions on participant. You can see it in dialog api which action is allowable. So if there is incoming call, the agent is allowed just to ANSWER the call as you can see below
ex. 

<Participant>
<actions>
<action>ANSWER</action>
</actions>
<mediaAddress>123456</mediaAddress>
<mediaAddressType>AGENT_DEVICE</mediaAddressType>
<startTime>2023-08-01T14:37:39.411Z</startTime>
<state>ALERTING</state>
<stateCause/>
<stateChangeTime>2023-08-01T14:37:39.411Z</stateChangeTime>
</Participant>

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Agents are by design not allowed to reject incoming calls / tasks - so I think its unlikely that the API has this ability.
Move the agent into Not Ready if you don't want to receive incoming calls / tasks.

Thanks Garry! What about jtapi ? Does jtapi provide a method to decline incoming call ?

I believe jtapi has / should have a method to reject/decline an incoming call - some SIP phones show a button to do that as well. Not sure what happens to the declined call though

I found out the call goes to voice mail if VM is setup - otherwise the caller gets a busy or NU tone.

AgshinA
Level 1
Level 1

Does jtapi provide a method to decline incoming call ?

found a way that works (for reasons David explained) - see my other question on this topic (below):

where i mentioned ".....I am inclined to use the sendData to execute CiscoIPPhone with the payload for Decline soft key over JTAPI connection"

https://community.cisco.com/t5/call-control/is-there-a-way-to-decline-an-incoming-call-using-jtapi/m-p/4927990#M3474

jozefnad
Level 1
Level 1

You can make just allowable actions on participant. You can see it in dialog api which action is allowable. So if there is incoming call, the agent is allowed just to ANSWER the call as you can see below
ex. 

<Participant>
<actions>
<action>ANSWER</action>
</actions>
<mediaAddress>123456</mediaAddress>
<mediaAddressType>AGENT_DEVICE</mediaAddressType>
<startTime>2023-08-01T14:37:39.411Z</startTime>
<state>ALERTING</state>
<stateCause/>
<stateChangeTime>2023-08-01T14:37:39.411Z</stateChangeTime>
</Participant>