Views
Helpful
Replies

Pass correct DNIS to Call Manager from ICM

Jawad Bokhari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In UCCE 8.0, I am of the situation that i have to pass the correct DNIS to call manager when ICM transfers the call to an agent.

For example, a customer dialed 9200 and an ICM script working on this DN played some initial IVR and then transferred the call to an agent on extension 1011.

ICM passes the DNIS: 1011 to call manager over JTAPI. However, I have to trigger a 3rd party application on call manager basen on the DNIS: 9200.

It would even be okay if I can pass this value 9200 in some variable other than DNIS.

Thanks for any indication of the possibility of this.

9 Replies 9

Use the set node to set a peripheral variable to call.dnis at the beginning of the call.

david

We created a whole set of route points for each of our inbound DNIS to forward to, then forward to the script to track this. 

David, are you saying that you can get the original DNIS from the script and if so, more details please?

DNIS -- > RP --> Script Trigger  (System sees the RP as the original called number)

As a failure to forward to the RP, I forward to a hunt group with users.  <--This is a good if IPCC goes down for some reason.  And also let's you set an individual calling identifier per inbound line.  So your rep can still answer the call they way you wish them too.

Thanks Bill for your answer,

I think, i couldn't make my question clear to you. I have an inbound call in my UCCE and for an internal DN a script is triggered. All is fine till here and I can get the DN within my script also. Now when the call is transferred to the agent, I want to pass the same DN over the JTAPI to the call manager on which the script was triggered.

Can I pass this as any additional variable of JTAPI or any other way?

Thanks Davis for the clue, but I already had tried this. Infact, peripheral variables are sent over the CTI interface and not the JTAPI interface. I need to pass the correct DNIS (the original DN) via JTAPI to Call Manager. I have an application that is connected to Call Manager and that does a screen pop up for an inbound call based on the original DNIS received at Call Manager in any of the JTAPI variable.

What I have seen from the ICM SRND is that ICM passes a label to CM which contains (Device-Target, Agent-ID).

Can I pass the original DNIS as well over JTAPI?

Perhaps I don't understand what you're trying to do, let me try and back up.

Are you trying to get your TFN to the agent desktop?  For example, (assumeing US dialing).  Your customer calls 800 123 1234, this number then hits your ingress gateway and it might be something like DNIS 0987, thus this DNIS is passed on to the desktop.  What you want it to pass the TFN to the agent, correct?

If so, your best bet is to translate it at the ingress gateway, it's a bit more work on the front end, but once it's set you're done.  The only other way to do this through ICM is to have some sort of lookup table or custom function that does and if check for every single one of your DNISes and TFNs.

david

Let me clarify the requirement again:

I need the internal DNIS (0987, in your sample given above) be passed via JTAPI to call-manager and there's a business application that is connected to call manager which will do a screen pop up when it will see the value 0987 in any of the JTAPI variable.

Infact, on CISCO agent desktop i see the value 0987 in the DNIS (which is correct). However, in another agent-desktop which has integration with Call-Manager only, it shows me the extension number of the agent in the DNIS and i can't see the value 0987 passed in any of the JTAPI variable.

I think ICM passes all peripheral variables over the CTI interface including the ANI, DNIS etc. The other agent desktop application which is connected to Call-Manager only shows me the agent extension as the DNIS and that's probably because ICM returns a label containing the agent-id and the device-target of the agent extension and it doesn't tell Call Manager about the actual DNIS (0987).

I just want any way to pass this DNIS to call-manager in any variable so that the integrated application can work accordingly.

Thanks for any hints

There's really a big difference between JTAPI which is a call control protocol / interface and GED-188 which is a CTI protocol relevant to Contact Centers. CAD ultimately gets its information from CTI Server and there you can indeed provide any information you like, such as the original DNIS through Call Variables. ICM is aware of how different call legs fit together and will continue to present 0987 as the original DNIS.

CUCM / JTAPI on the other hand is not aware of how all the cal legs fit together so the original DNIS is not maintained, nor is there any true need for it to do so. If another application needed to obtain this kind of information, it would need to connect to CTI / CTI OS Server as a monitoring mode client and track calls that way.

For what you're trying to setup, I reckon your easiest way forward would be to create a separate Hunt Pilot for each of your UCCE Route Points.

Cheers,

Kris

Thanks Kris for the meaningful insight.

I am not sure if it's possible to setup Hunt Pilot and UCCE Route Points when I am using CVP call control.

I found a variable called "Call Control Variable Map" in ICM Peripheral gateway configuration. Can we define a map of any of the ICM peripheral variable with some variable on Call Manager?

Something similar to how ICM deals with Avaya and Aspect. Please check out this pdf and go to the page-47.

http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cisco.com%2Fen%2FUS%2Fdocs%2Fvoice_ip_comm%2Fcust_contact%2Fcontact_center%2Fipcc_enterprise%2Fipccenterprise8_0_1%2Freference%2Fguide%2Fdefacd.pdf&ei=JA1OTtW7....

Then I saw another post which talks about the configuration of this variable and defines the format of passing the right DNIS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a008010f846.shtml

Can we use something similar for the call manager also?

Hi Jawad

I agree with Kris and don't think you can do much with  JTAPI. Also when ICM passes the agent label back to CVP its an agent's  extension number which would be signalled over the SIP/H323 to CUCM so  you won't see the actual DNIS there as well.

As you are seeing DNIS on CTIOS agent desktop your  best bet is to grab it from CTIOS server and pass it to the external  application.

Regards,

Ahmad