Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE - Multiple Media Servers for Agent greeting

atoxet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our customer has PCCE 12,000 seats with multiple CVP servers, version 12.6.1. Each CVP server is also a Media server.

For Agent greeting, I see that the greeting files are only written to 1 media server. I read somewhere that the recorded files can be replicated to all media servers that have FTP enabled, but that is not the case in our system. I have tried to look for some documents regarding this matter, but no luck so far. 

Could someone help to point me to correct direction? or give me some instructions on how to have the recorded files synced to all media servers?

Thanks,

atoxet

4 Replies 4

I've modified the agent greeting app to push the greeting to all media servers. The other method and probably better is to run a job that syncs all folders in case someone drops a file somewhere and provides extra insurance.

david

Hi @atoxet 

I’m not entirely sure if there are additional configurations specific to PCCE, but if I’m correct, the PCCE 12K deployment doesn’t follow the strict guidelines that other PCCE deployment models do. You might be able to configure FTP similarly to how it's done in a UCCE setup.

I couldn’t find a document reference at the moment, but I found a training video on YouTube that might help. You can check it out starting at timestamp 49:58. [New Features in Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise v10 Webinar (youtube.com)]Please see if it provides the guidance you need.

Please note that the above is an old video. 

Regards

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

Are you saying that your system isn't set to have FTP enabled, and that's why it isn't being copied to every server? Is FTP not something that can be enabled due to a business policy/rule? The steps are outlined here if it helps. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_12_6_2/maintenance/guide/pcce_b_features-guide-1262/pcce_m_capabilities-1261.html#UCCE_TP_CF6070AE_00

atoxet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The issue is fixed after CVP server reboot.

Our CVP servers are also Media servers. FTP was not been enabled at first. When there was a need to Agent Greeting, FTP was enabled. However, there was an error of "FTP server not found" in RecordAgentGreeting app. A workaround applied: setting FTP server in the ICM script (to 1 of the Media + FTP servers), only that Media + FTP server had the agent greeting audio files.

After CVP servers reboot, we removed the step of setting FTP server in ICM script, and the agent greeting files are pushed to all Media servers with FTP enabled.

(CVP reboot might not be needed, maybe just service restart would do the job, the servers were rebooted for some other reasons, but its "side effect" is good for my agent greeting problem)

Thanks all for your advice.