cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about UCCX Script Exception Handling and the Exception goto step

JMIII
Level 1
Level 1

May be a dumb question. I have uccx scripts and i want to handle exceptions. I'd like to capture the exception message and put in a string variable for later use. When i look at the on exception goto step it appears that you would be able to do that with the save root cause (optional) portion. I have tried every variable type and it does not see in the drop down. Is there a way to do this??? I only want to use the exception message to persist somewhere else so i may review later.

24 Replies 24

You're very welcome!

Anthony, if you ever read this, is there a way to filter out a certain exception from being E-mailed to me when I have it setup to E-mail me on the WFExecutionException ? I like the way it functions now and it works great but if someone hangs up in the script it generates "Contact id: 248, Contact terminated remotely", which will get very annoying once this goes into production. I did talk to our E-Mail admin about having one of our e-mail filters just pick up on "Contact terminated remotely" in the body of the e-mail CCX sends me and delete it but he hasn't done anything for me yet. 

If I ever read this?  I live on these forums my man!  :P

If you register more than one Exception handler, the more specific exception handler goes below or after the more generic handler and will be triggered instead of the more generic one.

E.g.,

Start
On Exception (WFExecutionException) Goto Send Email
On Exception (ContactInactiveException) Goto End of Script
Accept...
Play Prompt...
Menu...
Select Resource...
Send Email:
Create Email...
Send Email...
Goto End of Script
End of Script:
End

This was almost too simple Anthony. I must remember the sheer power of string functions (contains) in the if/then context.. Like the variable (WhatBroke) that holds the message its about to e-mail me:  WhatBroke.contains("Contact terminated remotely") , then clear exception and end script. Works perfect!

So, the recommendation I made is not the path you took? Rather, you just use a contains? That's not bad. Always more than one way to skin a cat.

I have learned there are 10 ways to kill that cat with anything Cisco. I re-read what you were saying about the more and less generic exception order and thought about it. I re-did my script. Your way is more short and precise as my way was perhaps entering what can become 'spaghetti code'? You know what I mean. Thanks!exception.JPG

Just a tip, you shouldn't terminate and end on contact inactive exceptions. You cannot terminate an inactive contact. Just end is all that's needed.

Thanks for the tip, I'm always learning. Had to have somewhere to 'goto', so I sent them here..Finish.JPG

LOL nice! I want to see more humor in configurations from now on!

Hi, Anthony. What is the Set i = 1 / 0 in the above example for?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: