Views
Helpful
Replies

queue to skillgroup node fails

4rajnivashisht
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

i want to know in what all cases queue to skill group node gets fail ?

actually i want to play a prompt in case of queue to skill group node failure but no luck so please let me know on which all cases my queue to skill group node fails ?

also please tell me if my send to vru or run external script node fails, can i transfer the call to a queue ?

Thanks,

Rajni Vashisht

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

If your Send To VRU fails, the best thing is to end the call and figure out why it's failing.

You cannot run a microapp and cannot queue the call. The switch leg was built but not the VRU leg. You can put it into a Queue to Skill Group and get the call to an available agent, but my experience is to forget about it.

Just get the Send to VRU correct.

Even when it is correct, a loaded system will experience the occasional Send To VRU failure. Maybe 0.1%. Best to return an End node and survivability will play the critical error, and the caller will call back.

You can chase your tail on this if you like, but it's just not worth it - in my opinion. You have bigger fish to fry.

Regards,
Geoff

The one thing I would add is the following. If your StoVRU node fails, queue it at the highest priority, then send it to VM or some other more elegant treatment if it doesn't make it to an agent. This avoids the usually very generic survivability message.

david

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

two most thing which can fail your Queue to skill group node i have seen is

1. if you have defined something in consider if and that statement is not true.

2. if your peripheral housing the agents of that skill group is down.