Views
Helpful
Replies

Queue to VM for two separate Queue loop

byronmcneil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I'm still new to Scripting in CCX and I have an issue with figuring out how to route a call to VM from two separate  Queue Loops - CSQ1 go's to agents and CSQ2 goes to another group of agents on menu option 1 -2 - It goes to the VM no issues but where I have the menu and redirect will it take the caller back to their perspective queues ??

19 Replies 19

CaptureSample03.PNG

Treat the Queued branch as an imaginary box that you cannot leave once you enter it unless: 1) the Select Resource finds an agent, moving to the Selected/Connected branch instead; or, 2) you first dequeue the contact. Since you have nested Select Resource steps you also have nested Queued boxes. You must dequeue them from all CSQs before using Call Redirect since the entire AEF script will end after the redirect. (You never show the Call Redirect step expanded but the Successful branch should either have a Goto label pointing at the End step - not Terminate! - or contain an End step directly.) If you were merely leaving a particular Queued branch imaginary box but staying within the script (i.e. a Goto step) you would only have to dequeue them from the CSQ(s) of the imaginary box(es) you were breaking out of.

byronmcneil
Level 1
Level 1

I up;oaded the file , its not to clear where to add the logic block

I'm not going to fix your script for you but I annotated your screenshot; I'm not sure how to make it clearer than that. The Menu step and its children belong within both Queued branches. The Dequeue step is in the correct place: before a step that will cause the contact to leave the Queued branch, in this case Call Redirect.

PS- You're not cleanly ending the script with an End step after it successfully transfers the call to an agent. Without the End step the script will "fall through" to the next step to execute and likely crash, throwing a bunch of exceptions in the logs that will obscure real problems during future troubleshooting efforts. For example, attempting to Terminate the call (i.e. hang up) after the contact is no longer active in the script (e.g. they have hung up/abandoned (use On Exception Goto to watch and catch this), an agent has taken the call, or your have used Call Redirect) will fail, the script will crash, and a bunch of noise will be written to the logs. I suggest looking into the UCCXD and, more importantly, UCCXA classes with a Cisco Learning partner.

byronmcneil
Level 1
Level 1

Well I Never ! ,, Hey man you are deffently THE MAN, This is working as designed and I really thank you for the detail understanding of nested Select Resource and Queues. I knew I left out the End, although did not know its place was incorrect.

I was also able to match the audio to existing 

@byronmcneil Why have you marked your own answer as the solution to your question?

image.png

You should select one or more of @Jonathan Schulenberg answers as the solution.

Response Signature