cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX8 Script Editor: export or compare aef files?

thomascollins
Level 3
Level 3

Is there any way to export a UCCX script to a text file?  Our script developer is looking for a way to do a comparison on two scripts (to document changes).  Currently he prints the script to a PDF, then does a copy/paste to a plain text file.  Seems like there should be a better way?

9 Replies 9

ankitaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tom,

As far as I know there is no way to export the script files other than what you are doing or  taking the screesnhots of both the scripts and compare them.

Thanks

Ankita

Cisco,

Please put this out as a requested feature.  If would be great to export to Visio with all ICONS. Also to NOTEpad plus...

derek.fraser
Level 1
Level 1

Searching around the internet and support forums led me to this thread.  There still doesn't look to be an elegant way of exporting/reading .aef files for comparison.  It would be nice to have the ability to read scripts outside of the Cisco Unified CCX Editor.  Looking through the CCX API docs on DevNet seems to focus more on the configuration of the CCX application itself (resources, applications, triggers, etc) instead of scripts.  I've had success with the process thomascollins shared (Print to PDF (native in Windows10), Select All, copy into Notepad++ (or text editor of choice for compare)).  Thought I'd share my experience in case someone else stumbles upon this thread and thanks for the workaround thomascollins +5!

CCX: 11.6.1.10000-51

Cisco Unified CCX Editor: 11.6(1.00)

I don't think that the print to PDF shows everything though, correct? For example, when I print a script with the Set Enterprise Contact Info step, it doesn't print the CCV names, or like in the menu step, it doesn't print the barge in setting, nor the retries, nor the actual DTMF associated to each menu option. So, while it's the best we have, it's still less than what's necessary for determining delta's between changes.

Do you know of any tools that have come along since this post that will allow you to compare two scripts. I made some recent changes to our script and I want to make sure a step didn't get accidentally moved to the wrong place. 

Thanks!

Amos

So no big tool has emerged. There was a link on these forums like a year ago that had a visualization component, but you'll have to look for it. Ultimately, your best bet is to open them both put them side by side and go node by node.

david

Thanks for the reply. With 3k steps in my script I was hoping I could avoid searching it line by line.

mserwon
Level 1
Level 1

I did come up with a way to compare scripts.  Here is an example.  I am still interested if anyone has a way to read the aef file directly.  I still had to use the Script editor to print out the script and then manipulate the output to a format to easily see the changes.

mserwon_0-1681332162729.png

If it helps you, there are also some tools like https://uccx2flow.univonix.com/ that may help you compare as well.