cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Level Summary Totals

sarbarnes
Level 4
Level 4

I have created a Call Type Real time report for 'today' only as in CallsOfferedToday, CallsHandledToday, CallsAbandonedToday, and ServiceLevelToday.

Whilst it is easy to sum the offered, handled & abandoned, I cannot not seem to create a service level summay total which makes sense.

In looking at the ICM Schema DB Document, it details that Service level comes from ServiceLevelCalls & ServiceLevelCallsOffered, however whichever way I create a custom calculation it does not come out as I would expect.

has anyone done this and if so, what was the calculation you used, at the moment I am using SUM(${ServiceLevelCalls})/SUM(${ServiceLevelCallsOffered}) this gets near to it, however it is still not right!

Any and all help greatly apprecaited.

Thanks Sarah

7 Replies 7

Sarah,

This will depend some on which Service Level calculation you use on your Call Types. The default is typically "Ignore Abandoned Calls", which is calculated like this:

SUM(${ServiceLevelCalls})/(SUM(${ServiceLevelCallsOffered})-SUM(${ServiceLevelAband}))

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thanks Jameson,

That has definitely helped, however it still doesn't look right, but is definiteky nearer!

If you have any other suggestions that i might try I would be grateful.

In the meantime I am checking out what the Serice level is set to - I expect it is default!

Sarah,

Here's the complete list of Service Level calculations from the Database Schema:

• Ignore Abandoned Calls (this one is the default)
    ServiceLevelCalls/(ServiceLEvelCallsOffered - ServiceLevelAband)
  • Abandoned Calls have Negative Impact:
    ServiceLevelCalls/ServiceLevelCallsOffered
  • Abandoned Calls have Positive Impact:
    (ServiceLevelCalls + ServiceLevelAband)/ServiceLevelCallsOffered

I expect that the "Abandoned Calls have Positive Impact" is going to be closer to what you're looking for.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thats Great Jameson I will make that change and see if it works :-) will let you know.

Interestingly enough in changing it to ServiceLevelCalls + ServiceLevelAband/ServiceLevelOffered doesn't really make much difference to calculation from ServiceLevelCalls/ServiceLevelOffered-ServiceLevelAband

Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't expect the two to be very far apart unless ServiceLevelAband is very high.

Can you give some sample data of how things are differing from expected?

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Sarah,

One thing you could try is a piece of code like this. The Call_Type table has a Service Level Type column which can tell you which Service Level Type you are using, but if you use something like this, if you end up changing how you use Service Level this will still work.

CASE isnull(Call_Type.ServiceLevelType,0)

WHEN 1 THEN

(CASE WHEN (isnull(CTRT.ServiceLevelCallsOfferedToday,0) - isnull(CTRT.ServiceLevelAbandToday,0)) <= 0 THEN 0

ELSE isnull(CTRT.ServiceLevelCallsToday,0) * 1.0 /

(isnull(CTRT.ServiceLevelCallsOfferedToday,0) - isnull(CTRT.ServiceLevelAbandToday,0))END)

WHEN 2 THEN

(CASE WHEN (isnull(CTRT.ServiceLevelCallsOfferedToday,0)) <= 0 THEN 0

ELSE isnull(CTRT.ServiceLevelCallsToday,0) * 1.0 /

(isnull(CTRT.ServiceLevelCallsOfferedToday,0))END)

WHEN 3 THEN

(CASE WHEN (isnull(CTRT.ServiceLevelCallsOfferedToday,0)) <= 0 THEN 0

ELSE (isnull(CTRT.ServiceLevelCallsToday,0) + isnull(CTRT.ServiceLevelAbandToday,0)) * 1.0 /

(isnull(CTRT.ServiceLevelCallsOfferedToday,0))END)

ELSE 0 END,

Again, as Jameson said though, it would be helpful to know why it doesn't look right and what data you are getting versus what you are expecting. There are some modifications that you can make to the equation to account for small variations.

Regards,

Tappan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: