cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shifting Cisco PCCE Side B components to a new location

pradeepbojan
Level 1
Level 1

We've deployed below packaged contact center solution across two data centres (Side A and Side B)
Deployment Type Packaged CCE: 2000 Agents
Unified CCE Version 11.6.1.0.23.39
Hardware: Cisco UCS C240M4SX -- 2 UCS Box per Data centre

We're planning to shift Side B UCS boxes to a new DC location with existing IP subnets configured on Side B components.Basically, we are lifting and shifting the Side B UCS box to a new DC location.

We wanted to know the best approach to carry out this activity and what needs to be done before and after deploying the UCS box.

Following VMs are configured:
Side A VMs:
CUCM PUBLISHER
CUCM SUB 1
ROGGER
AW-HDS-DDS
PG
CVP
CVP OAMP
FIN PUBLISHER
CUIC PUBLISHER
VVB
UNITY PUB
IM&P PUB
CUBE 01 4451
CUBE 02 4451

Side B VMs
CUCM SUB 2
ROGGER
AW-HDS-DDS
PG
CVP
CVP Reporting Server
FIN SUB
CUIC SUB
VVB
UNITY SUB
IM&P SUB
CUBE 01 4451
CUBE 02 4451

8 Replies 8

Hi Pradeep,

ICM will work as a simplex mode. Before start check the below.

• Stop Finesse B
  • Stop CUIC B
  • Stop Side-B ICM services and change the startup type to manual( Rogger, PG, AW-HDS )
  • Make sure Side-A services are up and running ( rttest,opctest)
  • Disable Side-B VRU PIM using registry settings
  • Make sure All the phones registered to CUCM-Sub1 ( Device pool, CUCM Group order) and Stop CUCM sub2
  • Remove Side-B VVB from sip serer group or CUSP VVB server group
  • Test Inbound calls with Agent transfer
  • Shutdown CVP call server, VVB,ICM rogger, AW, PG , CUCM Sub

Check the connectivity and Firewall rules allowed for a new location

Power on the servers and start the service

• Start the CUCM SUB2
  • Start CVP, Finesse, CUIC, VVBCheck all the service are up and running
  • Start ICM Logger, Router, AW-HDS, PG
  • Check all the service are up and running
  • Make test call
  • Verify CVP call log, dump log, RCD, TDC, event viewer etc…
  • Verify Logger and HDS space used summary ( using icmdba) all the tables are updated or not.

Follow https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-contact-center-enterprise/18402-IPCC-Start-Stop.html

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/how-to-restart-the-ucce-solution/td-p/2962590

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Hi Ram,

Many Thanks your response. I will surely follow the checklists on Side B components and ensure that network connectivity/FW rules are in place. However, we have been told to change CIMC, ESXI Management and DNS IP addresses on Side B components that cannot be extended to new Data centre.
Is it recommended to change these IP addresses ?

Hi Ram,

Can you please suggest whether we can change CIMC, ESXI Management and DNS IP addresses on Side B components. If not, then what are we supposed to do ?

Regards,

Pradeep

Hi @pradeepbojan 

if you change the ESXi management IP address then you have to re-run the PCCE validation stage and change the ESXi management IP address.

I would suggest you is to raise TAC case and work with them as its critical stage. Since your SideA is in production so avoid taking risk.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Thank you for your response. 

The latest update from our Network team is that we can extend our ESXi Management IP addresses to the new Data centre. However, CIMC, DNS and NTP IP addresses would change. Are we still good to lift and shift by changing these IP addresses in the new Data centre ?

Our PCCE nodes are configured fully FQDN, so does it matter if side B DNS IP addresses change ?

When we bring up Side B servers on new data centre, I presume it would consider side A DNS and NTP IP addresses. Is my understanding correct ?

Hi Pradeep,

In PCCE validation step, there is no step which ask for CIMC. ESXi management IP is extended which is good.

After you shifted to Side B and BEFORE you start any of the services, check if you are able to ping the new ip addresses. Also, check on new DNS your PCCE server hostnames are available.

Try to keep NTP stratum value below 5 on Cisco servers.

Verify these then after you can start the services on Side B.

Please work with CISCO TAC as I recommended in previous comment.
*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

I agree with the previous suggestions.  Very good ones.  We have 11.5.  If memory serves me correctly, changing the NTP address in some our Cisco Voice Operating Systems (VOS) created a need for new licenses of the server, particularly CUCM.  Not a huge issue, but one for which you may want to prepare.  Thanks

@tzunt great you highlight the point.  I remember in past worked with TAC on the same and I never re-hosted / re-installed the licenses

@pradeepbojan Its just for information purpose, but is not required to re-host the CUCM licenses.

And donot forgot, take assistance from TAC and clarify the NTP doubt as well so you feel confident during this movement.

regards, Ritesh Desai
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: