cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SkillGroupNumber contains a number with a . (dot)

Eric Krieger
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if someone knows why we see SkillGroupNumbers with a dot/decimal in it, like 19391.0 (see also included screenshot)?

Is this normal; how/where can we change it, if possible?

This is a UCCE 7.5 system with CTIOS Toolkit Agent/Supervisor Desktop 7.5, CUCM 7.1 and IPIVR 7.0

Regards, Eric

12 Replies 12

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

The configuration for those fields is in the CTIOS Server registry I think in the connection profile....  From there it is downloaded by the agents when the client is launched...

Looks like a field is set to a float....

Just taking a guess, I don't have anywhere to look right now but might peak around later.  Poke around in the registry under CTIOS and the connection profile and see what you can find.

Chad

Hi Chad,

I looked around (registry and documentation) as you suggested, but the only reference I could find was NumericOnly field/option.

I checked the DB-tables, and the SkillGroups are defined without this decimal. As far as I am aware of, we haven't configured the system to use subskills.

Eric

The intentention is not to use subskills, and as far as I can see/detect we haven't configured it anywhere.

Shirish message which seems related to this is talking about skillgroup. which could be the case indeed. This was also in my mind next to the following question:

Could it also be caused by Regional Settings for the Desktop Client OS?

But I am womdering if I am the only one with thise notations? 

How should the CTIOS Toolkit Agent Desktop look like in normal configurations/installations? Anyone who as a screenshot perhaps?

Regards, Eric

Can you show us the screen shots of Skill Group Explorer on skill Passwd_Tan_1?

Can you show us the screen shots for your Call Manager PG?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Attached you'll find the requested screenshots. Any idea's/remarks/comments so far?

Regards, Eric

Excellent screen shots. One moment please.

Regards,

Geoff

Eric,

Your skill group mask tab on the PG explorer shows the check boxes available. Here's the one from one of my lab machines.

Since yours are "lit up" it thinks that sub skills are OK.

The other thing I noticed - why do you have NetVRU_IVR_A set as the Network VRU on this PIM?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I have no idea how or why these subskils seems to be enabled. Any idea if this can be reversed / corrected?

I am not sure about the reason why this Network VRU is configured on this pim, My guess is that this is taken from lab documentation. Should it be removed?  Are there consequences doing this?

But I have noticed something else on this system (looking at the CTIOS client), it look like there’s no default Skill Group available. To my knowledge, this should be available (automatically created) after adding a PG to the configuration, right?  Could this be related to the mentioned “sub skills” issue is what I am wondering now. Any comment / idea on this?

Would it be possible to correct these issues by creating a new PG (with new peripheral ID's, etc.).

Regards, Eric

Chad's idea makes sense and it imight be something in the registry.  However, I can't think of a place where you can define the data type for CTIOS, but I could be wrong.

My suggestion would be to look at the skillgroup table and make sure that none of your skill groups actually have that decimal.  Are you using subskills?

david

Just curious to know if there is any specific reason you would like to remove the dot

Shirish.

Hi Shirish,

We would like remove/hide this to avoid confusion, and moreover we would like to know if there's somesort of misconfiguration somewhere. In that case trying to understand why and if a correction would be possible.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Dont have the exact info but this is what I found researching few documents.

The ICM Skill Group is  “a collection of agents that share a common set of skills”. The ICM version of the skill group abstraction contains the following fields: peripheral number, peripheral name, and extension

The ACD Skill Group is mapped to ICM using the peripheral number and priorities for some ACDs. One Skill Group for each one of the priorities defined in the ACD is used to obtain reports based on the priority; this data is used for reporting and call routing. These Skill Groups in ICM which are mapped to the priorities are called Sub-Skill Groups; the overall skill group to which they belong in the ACD is mapped to  and Base Skill Groups in the ICM. ICM reports can be run on base skill groups only, or on  contain only the Sub-Skill Groups data when priority is defined.

This doesnt seem to be a miss configuration the entries in the skill group number is a combination of skillgroupnumber.priority

For ex: 201.0 ( 201 is the skill group number and 0 is the priority) It is not possible to remove this through any configuration.

SkillGroupPriority

The priority of the skill group, or 0 when skill group priority is not applicable or not available. There may be more than one SkillGroupPriority field in the message .This field always immediately follows the corresponding SkillGroupNumber field.

The fields SkillGroupNumber, SkillGroupPriority, are array items some peripherals, SkillGroupNumber and SkillGroupPriority may be required for login for some ACD's

You can check the CTIOS developer guide which talks about skillgrouppriority but not in detail.

Hope this gives you some idea.

Shirish.