Views
Helpful
Replies

Support email - Initiate call to Phone Support team

shaijal123
Level 1
Level 1

I have a requirement

When support team get an email from priority customer immediately initiate a call to support team then play " message that we have an email from Priority Customer... ). we have CUCM, Unity Connection and UCCX. any thoughts, how this can be achievable 

Call Flow -> ABC Customer send an email to support email -> Initiate a call to Phone Support team -> Phone Support Agent pickup the call ->  Play Message "You have an email from ABC Customer" -> Disconnect the call -> End

5 Replies 5

I don’t think that you can do this.

Response Signature

This has come up a couple times in the past and it sounds like there's never been a good solution for it (other posts below with suggestions).

You'd likely need something outside of UCCX to trigger the dialing of the call, perhaps via an outbound campaign that gets imported/started whenever an email is received.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/email-triggering-an-external-or-outbound-phone-call/td-p/2261446
https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/email-or-a-script-to-make-a-call-on-cucm-10/td-p/4303977

CUCM,Unity,UCCX won't be Able to monitor the mail box and trigger a call based on an email. For this you might need application in the middle  which monitor the support mail box and initiate a call to CUCM using API.

There is no straight  configurations available for  your request. You might need to work with a  developer or third  party solution provider for a  solution. But I think even using  the API  playing the message "You have an email from ABC Customer" won't be possible, 

Better option will be using a SMS gateway and send message notification to the support team. 

Response Signature

How about after routing the email to email Queue (UCCX),( there will not be any email agent,) 

Hi @shaijal123 , 

Of course, you can check your mailbox with Agent Email feature in the UCCX (with Cisco Social Miner server) and send the email contacts to an email queue. But email queues do not use the UCCX scripts for agent selection and do not trigger and UCCX script at all. It means that even in case if you have no agent available in the email queue, nothing happens in this case - you can't initiate calls from there. 

I agree with Nithin - you have to use a 3rd party application to the functionality you requested. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog