cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Dial Number Plan

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Gents what are the advantages of using a DNP in UCCE. I understand that finesse will prefer the DNP table over CUCM dial plan if one exists. So in what scenarios would this be useful

Thanks

Please rate all useful posts
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Deji, With my limited experience on the Dialed Number plan what i understood is:

1) You don't need to configure anything on CUCM(i.e CTI Route Point) for Agent initiated calls required to pass through ICM scripts.

2) Calls initiated from Agent soft-phone (finesse /CAD/ CTI toolkit) only will work.

3) Using DNP, you can use wild cards/catch-alls in ICM.

4) might be use in funky requirements like Agent to Agent transfers should happen through ICM routing scripts.

and have never seen its used for the customers at-least i have worked for.

View solution in original post

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Cisco has said that the DNP is not part of a reference design now, but they certainly still work.

Their point now being that you actually do not have to configure entries in the DNP to make it work. If you create a Dialed Number on your UCM Routing Client, assign it to a Call Type, then associate the Call Type with a Scheduled Script, you have created a mechanism that works - without a DNP entry.

Call the Dialed Number now from Finesse. Your script will be started. A Send to VRU node will create the VRU leg in CVP and you are off to the races.

If you look at  the OPC trace you will see that it creates the route request - and you will see the words DNP there on that Route Request.

Clearly what is happening is the PG is storing in memory all Dialed Numbers on its Routing Client. Any call across the CTI interface is checked. If the number dialed matches one of these Dialed Number it is intercepted. It issues a Route Request and does not pass it on to Call Manager for resolution.

What we used to do with the DNP to make these "short circuit" Route Requests work is simply not required any longer.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Deji, With my limited experience on the Dialed Number plan what i understood is:

1) You don't need to configure anything on CUCM(i.e CTI Route Point) for Agent initiated calls required to pass through ICM scripts.

2) Calls initiated from Agent soft-phone (finesse /CAD/ CTI toolkit) only will work.

3) Using DNP, you can use wild cards/catch-alls in ICM.

4) might be use in funky requirements like Agent to Agent transfers should happen through ICM routing scripts.

and have never seen its used for the customers at-least i have worked for.

Thank you Chintan.

Great answer. And we used it in our customer deployment. Customer wanted us to queue calls to agents what an agent transfer a call to another agent. Because basically we're using a regular call transfer, but he didn't like it. So we used it DNP and created a dial plan like that: 1234XXXXXXX, while '1234' is a prefix, a wildcard, and the X's should state the Agent Peripheral Number. So when this DNP matched, it is redirected to a new ICM script that all his purpose is the do "Queue to Agent".

and folks just forgot to mention:

Dialed Number Plan is now officially non reference design element from UCCE 11.5 onwards, which means Cisco is gradually moving away from it and recommending Engineers to use Dialed Numbers and CTI Route Points Instead.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_5_1/Design/Guide/ucce_b_soldg-for-unified-cce/ucce_b_soldg-for-unified-cce_chapter_01.html

regards

Chintan

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Cisco has said that the DNP is not part of a reference design now, but they certainly still work.

Their point now being that you actually do not have to configure entries in the DNP to make it work. If you create a Dialed Number on your UCM Routing Client, assign it to a Call Type, then associate the Call Type with a Scheduled Script, you have created a mechanism that works - without a DNP entry.

Call the Dialed Number now from Finesse. Your script will be started. A Send to VRU node will create the VRU leg in CVP and you are off to the races.

If you look at  the OPC trace you will see that it creates the route request - and you will see the words DNP there on that Route Request.

Clearly what is happening is the PG is storing in memory all Dialed Numbers on its Routing Client. Any call across the CTI interface is checked. If the number dialed matches one of these Dialed Number it is intercepted. It issues a Route Request and does not pass it on to Call Manager for resolution.

What we used to do with the DNP to make these "short circuit" Route Requests work is simply not required any longer.

Regards,

Geoff

Excellent Geof, this is exactly what I saw. There were no DNP configured, just dialled numbers and I see the PIM sends a route request to opc and opc sends it to router.. The only confusing thing is that I see the PIM printing out DNP in the logs, but your explanation has cleared that up. Thanks

Sorry, you are probably correct that this was in the PIM trace. I was going from memory.

Regards,

Geoff