cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Import

Ahmed Adeyemi
Level 4
Level 4

I'm upgrading from UCCE 8.5 to 10.5. I have all the systems configured in the 10.5 and everything works as planned. I would like to import the HDS and Logger data from 8.5 to 10.5 and i was wondering if there is anything i should be cautions off if i use EDMT..

My major concern is that if i use EDMT the data might change the current config i have right now (Instance Name, labels, device targets, etc)

Using EDMT, i know i have to go from 8.5 to Jumpbox--> 9.0 then from the jump box to 10.5 .

Any help is greatly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

No.Its not supported and you need go to 9.0 then 10.5.

Correct, i plan on going from 9.0 to 10.5. The question i have is that would this break any of the existing configurations that i have in the 10.5 if i use EDMT to move the database over from the 8.5.

Any reason not going for v11? because of CTIOS?

Hi,

We did the same migration from hosted to Enterprise . Kindly confirm this is common upgrade ot technology refresh .

I hope this is for Technology refresh , Just make sure Logger , AWD and HDS backup are taken for safe procedure.

Below are the procedures .

Installed 2008 R2 windows server for one server

Installed SQL 2008 , no need to installed and ICM software

Install EDMT 9.0

Make sure Network connectivity from Production server to new windows 2008 R2 server

Select the migration  type as Technology Refresh

Select the source and destination database and password connection

Then proceed the migration , it will take 5 to 20 minutes to completed

Take the database backup using SQL  and import to 10.5 live servers .

Install 10.5 EDMT from Windows 2008 R2  live servers

Migrate the Database from 9.0 schema to 10.5 , sometime it will say your database have up to date .

Thanks  & Regards,

S. Ramamoorthy 

Regards,
Ram.S

Thanks for the response. In my particular case, Its a little unique. The number plan is changing thereby i needed to modify the dialed number, device target, changed instance name, and change the DN for the translation routes.

One of the options i'm considering now is installing a 9.0 sprawler and utilize EDMT, update the dialed numbers and other changed names, then EDMT that to the HDS. Since the only information needed is the HDS for historical reporting.