cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE11.6.1-How to Pass caller ANI(1st leg) to consult call(2nd leg)

smeegada1
Spotlight
Spotlight

UCCE11.6.1-How to pass caller ANI to 2nd leg while making consult call.

Customer call into contact center and agent answer it

Agent initiate consult call and need to pass Customer ANI to 2nd leg

- I tried to invoke Finesse Workflow to write extension, ANI(fromAddress) to DB when agent answer call and when initiate consult it is sent to ICM script

- My idea was to look up at the agent extension in ICM script but it is not available in Formula Editor -> Call(Object Type)

Any lead/help is appreciated. 

5 Replies 5

Hi, I think you might be overly complicating it, unless I am misunderstanding. So if you write the caller ANI into a Peripheral Variable and do this transfer to a CTI route point, the peripheral variable will carry over to the second script and then be visible to the agent.

Hi Bill,

Consult is to make a call out of our network and not to agent so i was planning above approach.Here is the detailed plan i was thinking to achieve.

- Call comes to agent(Use workflow to write above 3 paratameters)

-Agent click Consult by picking entry in Phonebook

-Point Phonebook entry to internal ICM script, Invoke a CVP app(Pass AgentExtension get caller ANI) and at end of ICM script have *8 to out of network number

I have enabled Locallogs on Finesse Desktop and dont see what input i can pass to ICM script as i dont have agent extension in ICM script.Please correct me if am missing something here.

Thanks,

Sreeni

So you want your consult to the PSTN to show the ANI or the original caller (leg 1)? You will more than likely not be able to do this. First, your PSTN provider might not allow you to set any ANI. Second, I've never seen this done with CVP or ICM. You might be able to do it with some custom TCL, but you're getting into a world of pain. One thing you could do is set the ANI in the UUI field (assuming SIP) and ask the receiving end to get the UUI field when your cal arrives.

david

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
  • Save the original calling number to a variable in the initial ICM script that handles the incoming call.   
  • Route the consult leg via ICM script and CVP. 
  • Set user.suppress.sendtovru to Y before the send to VRU. 
  • When the script resumes after the consult call hits CVP, set the CVP ECC variable user.microapp.override_cli to the original calling number. 
  • Use a label node to continue the consult call.

When you've done all that you should have the consult call leg going to the egress gateway containing the original calling number.  Then you'll typically hit what David just mentioned, that it gets overridden or rejected by the PSTN but that will depend on where you are and what constraints the service provider places on valid calling party numbers.

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm if my understanding is correct.

- Save original calling number to PV in incoming script when member dials

- Once agent answer the call and select entry in PhoneBook(For Consult which is pointed to another ICM script)

- In consult ICM script before sending the call to senttovru node, Set user.suppress.sendtovru to Y 

-Send it to CVP, Invoke the Webservices, Pass TFN back to Consult ICM script with ECC variable - user.microapp.override_cli

- Take that value in ICM and do *8

Please confirm if this is correct understanding so that i can start working on it.