cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.6 Single Queue ANI Based Routing

brown2wab
Level 1
Level 1

We have one queue with agents from 3 sites.  At one of the sites, we want to give their agents first crack at their users.  I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to do this within one queue and if so, the best method.  Would we use ANI routing or another method?  Some users from this site would be calling on-net (internal extension) and some would be calling off-net (through PRI).  I appreciate any support.  

Bill

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

After you read the calling number into a variable you can use a method to check the length - i.e. is it 4 digits? If it is you can use a startswith or substring method to check the leftmost digit - in your example this would be two.

These methods are fairly simple to use even if you have little programming experience.

View solution in original post

Hi

If you need agent-based routing... however if you have a lot of area codes to check you are going to end up with a huge, complicated script.

Calls sent to an agent will bypass the CSQ, so that will mess up your reporting... I'm guessing that your objection to multiple CSQs is based on reporting needs?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Bill If you are talking routing all calls from a particular set of DNs and ANIs to specific users (and assuming that you are talking UCCX here) then no, you can't do it with a single queue.

Scripts send calls to queues; so if you want two calls to queue differently you need two queues.

Within the script you can use a 'get call contact info' step to grab the ANI and route based on the first digits of that.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you, Aaron.  I was looking at the 'Select Resource' option.  I know you can set it to a particular agent or queue.  I'm wondering if it's possible to configure it as:

if AgentA is available, Select Resource AgentA, route call to Agent A

else if Agent B is available, Select Resource AgentB, route call to Agent B

else if Agent C is available, Select Resource AgentC, route call to Agent C

else route call to CSQ

Does this seem like a viable configuration?

Bill

Hi

If you need agent-based routing... however if you have a lot of area codes to check you are going to end up with a huge, complicated script.

Calls sent to an agent will bypass the CSQ, so that will mess up your reporting... I'm guessing that your objection to multiple CSQs is based on reporting needs?

Aaron

Thanks, Aaron.  I ended up coming to those same conclusions.  There's no good way to do it without 2 queues.  And yes, reporting was the issue.  They will just need to combine queues when doing the reporting.  I had the incoming ANI checked for area code and for 4-digits only.  If it matches and there are also agents in the ready state in the 2nd queue, the call would be transferred to that 2nd queue, with only that site's agents assigned to.  If they don't match, then the call goes to the original queue, with all agents assigned.  I appreciate your help!

No problem!! Glad you have it working...

Aaron

Also, if they are calling from an internal extension, can we use wildcards such as 2XXX, or does it have to be an exact match?  Thanks again

Bill

After you read the calling number into a variable you can use a method to check the length - i.e. is it 4 digits? If it is you can use a startswith or substring method to check the leftmost digit - in your example this would be two.

These methods are fairly simple to use even if you have little programming experience.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, James.  I used the .startsWith and the .length() ==4 methods to achieve what I am trying to do.  

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bill, so if I understand you correctly there is a single CSQ lets say CSQA that had agents which are distributed over Site A, B and C. Now what you want is that calls when come for this CSQA should go to agents at Site A, if not available then B and so on. If it is correct then very much possible using skill based routing. So what you can do is that choose a skill lets say SkillA for CSQA and selection criteria as Most Skilled

Now configure agents at SiteA with the maximum skill competency lets say 10, agents at SiteB with 8 and agents at SiteC with 6. This way calls will always go to the agents at SiteA, if none of them are available then to SiteB and so on.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks, Deepak.  I only want to prioritize calls for one site to their own agents, not prioritize all calls to one site's agents.  If that makes sense.  I came to the conclusion that I will have to go with two queues.  Thank you for your advice!