cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11 Script Editor Exception on Call Subflow step

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

Basic issue is :  Call Subflow step I am getting : Exception=java.lang.ArrayIndexOutofBounds

I have a script that currently works sending callers to 2 or 3  Call Subflow (Script [ script name] )  steps.

Each time it comes back to the Main Script , except the last one which Queues  the caller.

I copied that Main script for a new group with the same Call Subflow scripts (those scripts also copied, and only certain items specific to a Queue changed).

When ever I hit that last Call SubFlow  script , the one that actually Queues the callers, I am getting the System Error prompt and call drops.  MIVR log shows "Exception=java.lang.ArrayIndexOutofBounds"

Debugging script the Main script - it throws a pop up window that only says Exception in the top area, gives no details, and an OK button . There is no detail about this in the box that shows errors (if they exist) in the scripts normally seen when Debugging.

I Debugged both the Main Script .  But it stops at that Call Subflow step for the Queue and throws the error, doesnt appear to make it to the Queue script. (not sure I am chasing that part correctly)

I placed another Queue Script in its place and it did successfully go to that Queue script, no errors.

So not sure why my Debugging doesn't go to the new Queue script, and I get this odd Exception.

I ave search through the community and can not find any info.  Did a google search on the verbiage of the error and nothing there either.

Any ideas how to run down the error :  Exception=java.lang.ArrayIndexOutofBounds

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

Resolved ....  prior to the Call Subflow (to Queue script)  I had a Set Enterprise Call info  step where I incorrectly set the Call.PeripherialVariable6   (setting the queue, I did not set the Variable correctly)  .

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

Resolved ....  prior to the Call Subflow (to Queue script)  I had a Set Enterprise Call info  step where I incorrectly set the Call.PeripherialVariable6   (setting the queue, I did not set the Variable correctly)  .

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If it were me, I would pull some MIVR logs and read over them. Have you done that? Or can you share the MIVR logs for a failed test call for us to review for you?

Also, debugging scripts never go into the subflow, I'm not sure if you knew that. Also, in your Subflow, are you handling script exceptions with the On Exception Goto step? It doesn't sound like it. I would recommend you always handle exceptions in every script as a best practice. This will avoid your scripts aborting on callers, and allow you to handle the error more gracefully. But that's a whole other discussion.

If you're up for it, I could also look at it live with you over a Webex. Let me know.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the information. Yes I had combed the MIVR logs, and it would only give that exception I posted and then it ended any information , the script drop the call after the error message.

I had read about the Debugging not going to a SubFlow script .... I was a little confused on how to debug the process of going to a Subflow ....  thought I could do a Debug on the script called from the Main script. So I called the Trigger for the Main script and started the debug on the called script ....  I tried so many things today, not sure that produced anything for me :-)

And I do have a On Exception Goto step  on the Main Script - it goes to End Call ... probably not smart.

On he Called script (Queue script), I do not have an Exception step ... but I will work on that for both of these scripts - and as you suggested on all my scripts.  Appreciate that advice.

Stupid mistake on my part on the Set Enterprise Call info step - it carries Queue variables over to the queue script and I messed that up.  Too bad the MIVR could not have pointed out my stupidity  instead of giving me an Exception that I could find NO information on !

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: