Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 5.0 vs 8.5 ODBC for Crystal Reports

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

today customer has a server that runs Crystal Reports via an ODBC connection to UCCX 5.0 to get some custom reports about contact center calls. We are upgrading UCCX 5.0 to 8.5. Will this functionality be affected? Is there anything that needs to be updated on the CR's side post upgrade?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The short answer is yes.  UCCX 5x uses MSSQL, and UCCX 8.5 uses IBM Informix.  Therefore, you will need to install the Informix ODBC driver on your CR server/workstation, and recreate your DSN to UCCX using the new driver.  That's at the bare minimum.

I would reference the HRC Admin and Dev guide to get the full details on how to accomplish this in 8.5.

Happy reporting!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The short answer is yes.  UCCX 5x uses MSSQL, and UCCX 8.5 uses IBM Informix.  Therefore, you will need to install the Informix ODBC driver on your CR server/workstation, and recreate your DSN to UCCX using the new driver.  That's at the bare minimum.

I would reference the HRC Admin and Dev guide to get the full details on how to accomplish this in 8.5.

Happy reporting!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thank you Anthony

Just a few words in addition to Anthony's comments (+5)

I don't know how you do your reporting exactly, but typically the work I do involves creating a stored procedure that generates a results table from various other tables, and then presenting that in Crystal via HRC.

Basically the database schema, and the Crystal templates, has not changed with the transition to Informix.

However - the syntax and style of writing a procedure for Informix is very different to the cuddly MMSL world. If you use those, prepare for some learning. If you just query simple tables, then you might have an easy ride.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: