Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 Agent Routing/CSQ Routing

shawneec1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I am having an issue where it does not seem like the oldest call in the system is being routed to the next available agent. I have a bunch of queues 2 of them have calls waiting longer then 10 mins, I have another queue where calls have only been waiting for 3 mins. It seems when the next agent becomes available (and these agents are skilled for both queues) take the call that has been waiting for 3 mins instead of being offered the one over 10 mins. I dont have any priority routing on my queues. Are calls delievered to agents by oldest call waiting? I am sure i am missing something very simple but i am drawing a blank. Any help would be appreciated.

Shawnee                 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

shawneec1 wrote:

They are skilled for the same queues however they are skilled differently. Does the oldest call in the system get answered first? So I have 2 queues, and there are calls in each queue. Should the one that has been waiting longest be delivered first? No matter how the agents are skilled?

It does matter how the how agents are skilled. For example,

CSQ1 has 1 call waiting 5 mins

CSQ2 has 1 call waiting 1 min

If the agent that becomes available is only skilled to CSQ2, then the call in CSQ2 will be answered first. Similarly if an agent is skilled in both, but doesn't have the required competency level for CSQ1, the call is CSQ2 will be answered first.

Do the CSQs have multiple skills associated with them? If so, ensure all agents who are supposed to be assigned to the CSQ have all skills associated with them too.

Eg, if CSQ1 has SKILL1 and SKILL2 associated, AgentA must have SKILL1 and SKILL2 assigned to them to answer calls from CSQ1.

Check the CSQ configuration, in Appadmin go to Subsystems -> RMCM -> Contact Service Queues, Select your queue and then choose 'Open printable report of this csq configuration' ... this will show you who is skilled correctly to answer calls in the queue.

View solution in original post

Hi Shawneec,

No, skill competency levels will not go away even if you select different selection criteris.

Minimum skill competency levels are still required to be part of the CSQ.

Now, selecting an Agent inside the CSQ, has many options like Logest Available\ Max Answered Call \ Max skilled \ Least Skilled....etc

In your case, you have 2 CSQ's , Agents are common to both these CSQ's (i.e belongs to both the CSQ's as these Agents have the skills which are part of these CSQ's), calls are waiting in both the CSQ's, if you want to see the first call being handled first i.e.max queued calls, than in this case (lets assume you have the same skill compentency leves for these Agents for all the skills beloning to these CSQ's), if you select the criteria say for an example Maximum Skilled Agent, than you will witness the longest Queued calls being answered first.

Also. lets take another example.

In CSQ1->Most Skilled Agent

CSQ2->Logest Available

Lets assume that the CSQ1 has the calls queued for max time, and assume that the Max Skilled Agents are busy, and one of the Agent who has the very minim Skill competency level but logged in and availbale from long time, he will answer the call from CSQ2 than from CSQ1 because of the type of selection criteria.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

shawneec1 wrote:

so if my csq are set up with most skilled (both are set this way) and my agents are skilled for both queues but are skilled with different competency then it does not matter what the longest queue time is it will send the call based on who has the most competency?

A common point of confusion is determining which caller is next in line and which agent is next available to service them.  Some people think of these as exclusivley the same thing, and they are not.  They are two separate routing algorythms, and as you'll see in a moment, one can be changed, and the other cannot.

Which Caller Is Next?

Think of the line (or queue) at the bank.  You have a line that the customers stand in, and this is First In First Out (FIFO).  So the person who has been waiting the longest, is in the front of the line.  Notice on every CSQ configuration page that FIFO is the selected distribution for callers and cannot be changed.  This is your confirmation that the system selects the old call first.  FIFO.  Cannot be changed.

Which Agent Is Next? (Assuming Skills Based Routing versus Resource Group)

When there is more than one Agent available to service the caller, the skills pertaining to the CSQ (in your case there's only one), are checked for minimums first, and then any Agent still available is ranked (because you have Most Skilled) in order of their skill level.  The top ranked Agent will then be given the call.  Using the bank analogy, this is like two tellers becoming available at the same time and waving the customer over.  The most skilled teller will win, and the newbie teller will take the next person.

shawneec1 wrote:

I thought the only way to prioritize what calls go frist is by setting the set priority step in the script.

That is correct.  It is the scripting that sets the priority of the caller (not the agent, nor the queue), and is done exclusively with the Set Priority step.  You should know that, because it's the priority of the caller being changed, it follows them around from subflow to subflow, and from transfer to transfer.  So while you may not see a Set Priority step in the immediate script, it could be in a leading script.

Your problem seems to be a priorty based problem, and the quickest way to rule out priorities is to run a CSQ by priority report, and just see if anything has a priority other than 1.  1 being the default.  If it does, then yes, you are using priorities somewhere, and just need to find them.   Howeber, if it does not, then it sounds like you have a defect on your hands.

Good luck, and happy debugging!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

17 Replies 17

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Shawnee,

Do these Agents (common\belonging to these CSQ's) have the same skill competencey levels for the skills under these CSQ's?

What is the Agent selection criteria selected under these CSQ's?

Thanks,

Anand

Hi Anand

They are skilled for the same queues however they are skilled differently. Does the oldest call in the system get answered first? So I have 2 queues, and there are calls in each queue. Should the one that has been waiting longest be delivered first? No matter how the agents are skilled?

shawneec1 wrote:

It does matter how the how agents are skilled. For example,

CSQ1 has 1 call waiting 5 mins

CSQ2 has 1 call waiting 1 min

If the agent that becomes available is only skilled to CSQ2, then the call in CSQ2 will be answered first. Similarly if an agent is skilled in both, but doesn't have the required competency level for CSQ1, the call is CSQ2 will be answered first.

Do the CSQs have multiple skills associated with them? If so, ensure all agents who are supposed to be assigned to the CSQ have all skills associated with them too.

Eg, if CSQ1 has SKILL1 and SKILL2 associated, AgentA must have SKILL1 and SKILL2 assigned to them to answer calls from CSQ1.

Check the CSQ configuration, in Appadmin go to Subsystems -> RMCM -> Contact Service Queues, Select your queue and then choose 'Open printable report of this csq configuration' ... this will show you who is skilled correctly to answer calls in the queue.

Hi, Sorry I should have been more clear. Here is what I have:

Agent 1 (skilled CSR1 (6) Dealers (8)

Agent 2 (Skilled CSR (5) Dealers (10)

CSQ CSR1 has only one skill in it which is CSR1 with minimum compentency of 5

CSQ Dealers has only one skill in it which is Dealers with minimum competency of 5

Calls are queuing in both queues CSR1 for 5 mins and Dealers for 10 the call for CSR1 will be delivered to my agent first. If i am correct in how i have things configured, shouldn't the call for Dealers go first?

Thanks so much for your help. I am sure i am missing something.

Shawnee

Do you increase the priority of calls to CSR1 in the script?

What is the routing algorithm set to on the CSQ? Is it perhaps Most Skilled as oppose to Longest Available?

Chris

There is no priority in any of the scripting for queues.

The algorithm for the CSQ is most skilled. I guess i am confused. Shouldn't the routing be longest call goes first then it looks at how the queues are set? so the next call to go would be Dealers then it looks at how to send the call to the agent that is where the skills come in? maybe i have this all wrong? Sorry i am really not this slow with stuff ha ha

Hi Shawneec,

You need to provide the Agents with the same skill compenecy levels for the skills under these different CSQ's, and also select the same Selection Criteria (eg: Logest Available Agent \ Highest Skilled) than you will witness the first came calls being answered first.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

if i select longest avaialbe then the skills go away correct in the csq? so i then have no more skills based routing. If i have the selection most skilled by weight then no matter what the queue time is the calls will be routed based on skills? i was under the impression that longest waiting call goes first then it looks at skills to find an agent? is this correct?

Hi Shawneec,

No, skill competency levels will not go away even if you select different selection criteris.

Minimum skill competency levels are still required to be part of the CSQ.

Now, selecting an Agent inside the CSQ, has many options like Logest Available\ Max Answered Call \ Max skilled \ Least Skilled....etc

In your case, you have 2 CSQ's , Agents are common to both these CSQ's (i.e belongs to both the CSQ's as these Agents have the skills which are part of these CSQ's), calls are waiting in both the CSQ's, if you want to see the first call being handled first i.e.max queued calls, than in this case (lets assume you have the same skill compentency leves for these Agents for all the skills beloning to these CSQ's), if you select the criteria say for an example Maximum Skilled Agent, than you will witness the longest Queued calls being answered first.

Also. lets take another example.

In CSQ1->Most Skilled Agent

CSQ2->Logest Available

Lets assume that the CSQ1 has the calls queued for max time, and assume that the Max Skilled Agents are busy, and one of the Agent who has the very minim Skill competency level but logged in and availbale from long time, he will answer the call from CSQ2 than from CSQ1 because of the type of selection criteria.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Hi Anand

so if my csq are set up with most skilled (both are set this way) and my agents are skilled for both queues but are skilled with different competency then it does not matter what the longest queue time is it will send the call based on who has the most competency?

example

CSQ CSR1 min comptency (5)

CSQ Dealer min comptency (5)

Agent 1 skills are CSR1 (6) Dealers (10)

Agent 2 skills are CSR1 (10) Dealers (5)

if there is a call in Dealer service queue for 10 mins and a call in CSR1 for 5 and both agents are ready the call for CSR1 goes first. I thought the only way to prioritize what calls go frist is by setting the set priority step in the script.

shawneec1 wrote:

A common point of confusion is determining which caller is next in line and which agent is next available to service them.  Some people think of these as exclusivley the same thing, and they are not.  They are two separate routing algorythms, and as you'll see in a moment, one can be changed, and the other cannot.

Which Caller Is Next?

Think of the line (or queue) at the bank.  You have a line that the customers stand in, and this is First In First Out (FIFO).  So the person who has been waiting the longest, is in the front of the line.  Notice on every CSQ configuration page that FIFO is the selected distribution for callers and cannot be changed.  This is your confirmation that the system selects the old call first.  FIFO.  Cannot be changed.

Which Agent Is Next? (Assuming Skills Based Routing versus Resource Group)

When there is more than one Agent available to service the caller, the skills pertaining to the CSQ (in your case there's only one), are checked for minimums first, and then any Agent still available is ranked (because you have Most Skilled) in order of their skill level.  The top ranked Agent will then be given the call.  Using the bank analogy, this is like two tellers becoming available at the same time and waving the customer over.  The most skilled teller will win, and the newbie teller will take the next person.

shawneec1 wrote:

I thought the only way to prioritize what calls go frist is by setting the set priority step in the script.

That is correct.  It is the scripting that sets the priority of the caller (not the agent, nor the queue), and is done exclusively with the Set Priority step.  You should know that, because it's the priority of the caller being changed, it follows them around from subflow to subflow, and from transfer to transfer.  So while you may not see a Set Priority step in the immediate script, it could be in a leading script.

Your problem seems to be a priorty based problem, and the quickest way to rule out priorities is to run a CSQ by priority report, and just see if anything has a priority other than 1.  1 being the default.  If it does, then yes, you are using priorities somewhere, and just need to find them.   Howeber, if it does not, then it sounds like you have a defect on your hands.

Good luck, and happy debugging!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thanks Anthony- I thought it was always FIFO no matter what first, then it followed how you had your skills set.

They had some of there queues set to most skilled and then most skilled by weight. So i think that is where the confusion was. I changed them all to just most skilled and that seems to have corrected the issue. I just wanted to make sure I was correct with the FIFO approach that no matter what that was aways the first step in routing the calls.

Thanks again everyone! very helpful

Shawnee

No, it always looks at the CSQ routing algorithm first and then if agents are of equal competency it looks at LAA.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: