Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 License File

Ekin Gumus
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support Community,

I am migration my UCCX cluster MCS to UCS so I need to get new license file as you all know but when I contact to license team they could not find any license info on my MCS mac address so they asked license file from UCCX. Here is my question, could not find cli commands and no options to show on web interface so how can i get license file/s from uccx?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ekin, if Cisco Licensing Team is not able to pull the license information from the License MAC that you are providing to them. Then you will need to provide them the actual License File uploaded on the CCX server, the commands that you are referring do do not exist until 8.5(1) SU4 if I remember that correctly.

The only option that you now have is that contact TAC who will enable the root access of your UCCX server and then with the help of CET tool, will extract the existing licenses that you can then supply to the Cisco Licensing Team and get the re hosted License files based on new MAC.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ekin, if Cisco Licensing Team is not able to pull the license information from the License MAC that you are providing to them. Then you will need to provide them the actual License File uploaded on the CCX server, the commands that you are referring do do not exist until 8.5(1) SU4 if I remember that correctly.

The only option that you now have is that contact TAC who will enable the root access of your UCCX server and then with the help of CET tool, will extract the existing licenses that you can then supply to the Cisco Licensing Team and get the re hosted License files based on new MAC.

Regards

Deepak

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Make sure you are providing them the license MAC as seen on 'show status' and in your license files.. not the 'real' NIC MAC address. Seems hard to believe they  won't have a record of the licenses...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

What about the order or support documentation for UCCX? If they can't find the old license, just tell them to issue you a new one since you have support.

david

Ekin Gumus
Level 1
Level 1

Deepak, I have solved the problem with UCCX Tac, he installed CET tool to get license files and share them with an engineer from licensing team and they re-generated.

like you said, there is no option or command to get or see details of licenses on UCCX web page and ssh.

have a great day