Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 STD to ENH

pciborowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I install UCCX 8.0.2 ENH, but unfortunately I installed 8.5 upgrade in STD version (and PAK / licenses too).

Of course I need ENH version.

I oredered :

CCX ENH 8.0 to 8.5 ENH EUCSS Major Upgrade

And my question,

How the upgrade procedure should looks like?

Is the change of license should do the trick?

Maybe I should upgrade from DVD? Is it possible to upgrade from 8.5 STD to 8.5 ENH?

P.S. I can't do switche version to 8.0 ENH becouse I done upgrade from 8.0ENH to 8.5 STD during installation.

Best Regards.

Przemek.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The STD, ENH, and PRE are not software options, that you can upgrade, downgrade, or even switch versions to get.  They are simply features, which are unlocked by your licensing.  Just get the new ENH PAK, register it on www.cisco.com/go/license, and then upload it to you UCCX server.  you will see a warning stating that the license will now take you from STD to ENH, and you may need to restart the Engine to take affect.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The STD, ENH, and PRE are not software options, that you can upgrade, downgrade, or even switch versions to get.  They are simply features, which are unlocked by your licensing.  Just get the new ENH PAK, register it on www.cisco.com/go/license, and then upload it to you UCCX server.  you will see a warning stating that the license will now take you from STD to ENH, and you may need to restart the Engine to take affect.

Thank you for your response.

It's good to hear it.

Best Regards.

Przemek

@Antony, does the same apply when you upgrade from ENH to PRE, i.e. no need to upgrade clients?

Thanks!

Otto

Otto, at no point you will need to upgrade the clients when you upgrade the license be it from STD to ENH or ENH to PRE

Regards

Deepak

Thanks Deepak,

I upgraded the licenses without issues, and there was no need to update clients. I removed the old licenses first, though.

Glad that everything went as per the plan. Please remember to rate the helpful posts so that they can stay on top and help others with same issue in the Community.

Regards

Deepak

Hello,

Something works little bit different, that you said.

Before upgrade:

Configured Licenses:

Package: Cisco Unified CCX Standard

Total IVR Port(s): 150

Cisco Unified CCX Standard Seat(s): 9

High Availability : Disabled

Cisco Unified CCX Maximum Agents: 400

When I'm trying to add license:

Warning: The license for Cisco Unified CCX Enhanced Seat ESW or UCSS Upgrade is not a valid addition for the package Cisco Unified CCX Standard and therefore it will be ignored.

Warning: The license for Cisco Unified CCX Enhanced ESW or UCSS Upgrade is not a valid addition for the package Cisco Unified CCX Standard and therefore it will be ignored.

Warning : The Cisco Unified CCX Enhanced Seat ESW or UCSS Upgrade feature (2nd line) of IPCC20110829020450706.lic is a duplicate license line.

Warning : The Cisco Unified CCX Enhanced ESW or UCSS Upgrade feature (3rd line) of IPCC20110829020450706.lic is a duplicate license line.

When I'm checking licenses, it look's like before, even after reboot.

Regards.

I think you are uploading the wrong type of files.  It's saying UCSS in those error messages.

I just built a brand new UCCX STD (demo licensing), and then upgraded to ENH (demo licensing), and it worked exactly as I described.

Step 1 - View Standard License

Step 2 - Upload the Enhanced License file (UCCX shows a warning)

Step 3 - View the Enhanced License

Unfortunately, it never said for me to restart the engine, but if I were a betting man, I would restart the whole server anyway, and then test everything.

Don't forget to run the CAD Configuration Utility from Tools > Plugins, as you will now have access to CAD for the first time.

You had right, it was problem with licenses.

P.S. Maybe you know, is ENH enough for using enterprise variables? I have problem with move Call Variable from Script to CAD.

I added variables in CDA (Call Variable 1, Call Variable 2, and TestField).

In script I added Set Enterprise Call Info block, before Select resource block. I added variables to default layout, and I see variable fields in CAD, but data is empty all the time.

Thank You, and Best Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: