cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX DB Read - SQL Stored Procedures possible?

pescla
Spotlight
Spotlight

My customer has a procedure in their DB to lookup the validity of credentials provided via IVR - from MS SQL Studio calling that procedure works as expected, but when i paste the same code in the DB Read step, Testing it returns 0 rows and running it shows an SQL Error.

I found another post with stored procedures and someone there said that UCCX probably doesnt support procedures (https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/uccx-script-sql-error-on-db-write/td-p/4779924)

EDIT: I followed the info in this thread (https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/uccx-call-to-a-ms-sql-stored-procedure-in-db-read-or-java/td-p/1348969) and testing the DB Read now returns a row - but i could not find anywhere on how to actually retrieve the returned value in the DB Get step, as it isnt in any of the tables i can select in the DB Get?

is this true?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can use a stored procedure, but you are correct that you have to work a little to retreive the values.  The way I have done it is by creating a blank table in the database that just contains the schema (i.e. fields and data types) of what your stored procedure results will be.  Use that table to identify what to pull back.  Works like a charm. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

UCCX dosn't support stored procedures in there DB steps - sorry

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can use a stored procedure, but you are correct that you have to work a little to retreive the values.  The way I have done it is by creating a blank table in the database that just contains the schema (i.e. fields and data types) of what your stored procedure results will be.  Use that table to identify what to pull back.  Works like a charm. 

That is a creative solution, I wish I had thought of that!