When I reactive script , start debug mode, the following is shown:

"Engine hostname list is empty

check the ldap for enabled unified ccx engines"

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

The PC running the CCX editor needs to be able to access the CCX server by its host name. So if the host name is not in DNS you will need to add it to your hosts file on the PC.

If it can't map the host name you won't be able to load scripts from the repositry and you will get the above error when you try to debug.

I suspect the 10.0 editor is the same. This is a change as the 9.0 editor does not need to be able to map the host name.

Graham

Graham Old, thank you, you have provided a working solution

mlkovacs9
Level 1
Level 1

I received this message too.  The fix for me was to enter all my UCCX and UCM servers into the following files:  

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\lmhosts.sam

Don't forget lmhosts.sam.  At first I just did hosts, but that was not enough.  After updating both hosts and lmhosts.sam, reboot.  

AbteenZ
Level 1
Level 1

My problem was connecting to a 11.5 server with a 10.5 editor

ivan.karagodine
Level 1
Level 1

On UCCX 11.51 had the same error when network firewall was blocking access to ccxpub after network configuration for client changed  changed. Surprised that I was able to login to editor, but not run active debug.

tpapaioannou
Level 1
Level 1

I also found the Empheral port are important.

• Added TCP ports 32768 ~ 61000
  • Also needed 6999, 8443

Opening them fixed my issue after increasing the debug logging (changed everything in the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid_1251\properties\system.MEDT.txt" to "=true") and also seeing the ports not connecting through CurrPorts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: