cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX, "Service Level Percentage", where value is used?

Pavel Teplov
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

At Contact Service Queue node Configuration we have field Service Level Percentage. This is mandatory field

But I looked at the description of the historical reports and discovered that the value of this field is not used for calculating of SL.

Where the system uses the value of this field?

12 Replies 12

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pateplov,

From Cisco Unified CCX Administration Guide, Release 8.5(1)

Service Level - The target maximum number of seconds a call is queued before it is connected to an agent. This is a mandatory field.

Service Level Percentage - The target goal for percentage of contacts that meet the service level. This is a mandatory field.

For example, a call center that has a service level of 20 and a service level percentage of 80 percent has a goal of answering 80 percent of its calls within 20 seconds

That is the Service Level Percentage is the target goal for the percentage of contacts that meet the defined Service Level. Even though this is a mandatory field, it only serves as a goal or target level you hope to achieve.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

HI Geevarghese

thank you for reply

you answer what is SL is but don't answer to my question.

In fact I know what SL is. And know what erlang is. And I know a lot staffs around this.

Dear Geevarghese.

My question not about what is SL (percentage).

My question is where uccx USE value of exactly this field.

Is it use for reports? Which one? I didn't find one. All reports I did research dont use  value of this field cause to calculate SL. 

Is it use for change logic of ACD?  What is rules?

Or it just mandatory field for this step but nowhere and never used?

It is actually used in reporting.  Example: Contact Service Queue Service Level Priority Summary Report.  There is a column that shows your defined service level and another column that shows how many calls met that service level.

Hi

I'm sorry, but your a specified report again confirms the relevance of my question.

Field "Total Service Level Met" Calculates the value of SL.

Formula is "(Calls handled within service level / calls presented) x 100%"

You do not need to know the value of "Service Level Percentage" for calculate neither  "Calls handled within service level" (need to know the seconds)  nor "calls presented "

Contact Service Queue Service Level Priority Summary Report

Field: Service Level (sec)

Value entered in the Service Level field when the CSQ was set up in Unified CCX Administration. If the service level changes during the report period, the report shows the old and new service level values.

Field: Total Service Level Met

Number and percentage of handled calls answered within the time shown in the Service Level field in Unified CCX Administration. The percentage is calculated as follows: (Calls handled within service level / calls presented) x 100%

I still did not get an answer to my question

Pavel

"My question is where uccx USE value of exactly this field."

It uses it in that report:

Field: Service Level (sec)

Value entered in the Service Level field when the CSQ was set up in Unified CCX Administration. If the service level changes during the report period, the report shows the old and new service level values.

That being said. I could see how it might be useful to be able to route calls based on a boolean value of if you are meeting the service level or not.   You could obviously write that, but a canned statistic might be nice.

Hi

I agree with you.

Boolean view the value of Service Level in this reprot is usefull.

But my question is about field Service Level Percentage

Could you click by link and looking for field "Service Level Percentage"?

Still no answer for this query.. ?

Gerry

Does this help?

Number and percentage of handled calls answered within the time shown in the Service Level field in Unified CCX Administration. The percentage is calculated as follows: (Calls handled within service level / calls presented) x 100%

ewindgat wrote:

Does this help?

no

I could not explain better than Pavel already has.

We know what service level is. We just don't where the configuration for percentage is used anywhere. So why is it there and why is it mandatory?

The config which IS used to calucate the service level is the service level setting (configured in seconds).

But the percentage configuration does not seem to be used anywhere.

Gerry

@Gerry O'Rourke wrote:

I could not explain better than Pavel already has.

We know what service level is. We just don't where the configuration for percentage is used anywhere. So why is it there and why is it mandatory?

The config which IS used to calculate the service level is the service level setting (configured in seconds).

But the percentage configuration does not seem to be used anywhere.

Gerry

I know this is an ancient post, but I have the exact same question and this still isn't answered.  It appears that service level percentage isn't used, but I'd love to have confirmation of that.

Pavel, did you get a satisfactory response to your query.  I've been wondering exactly the same thing (i.e. what the percentage setting is for).