Helpful
Replies

UCCX Record Forwarded Calls

yavuzsab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi CCX Script Experts, 

CCX 9.0(2) Cisco QM 9.0  

I want to just make sure there is a way on CCX scripting a step to record calls somehow.  

Basically I want the IVR port to initiate a conference between Caller A (Original calling phone) and Caller B (Forwarded on-call Mobile phone) and record that entire conversation. 

Key goal is to try to do trunk side recording from voice gateway. 

Cheers! Yavuz

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am not sure you can initiate a conference with three parties. Placing calls, yes, recording, yes, but mix these together might need more effort.

But let's take it from the other side: if A calls B and then conferences in a UCCX application that would trigger a script which records everything and then based on the calling number (A) looks up an email address and sends an email, this might be the way to go.

G.

Regarding Grahams response, the best way to handle this would be a recording application such as Cisco MediaSense or a 3rd party application which creates a SIP connecton and forks the audio for 100% call recording. You would configure this in CUCM in recording profile after creating the SIP profile.

As Graham said, he is correct that MedisSense is not the most robust QA solutions but it will bridge the gap. NICE (supported by Cisco) is a very expensive solution but it works very well then there are other low cost software solutions that handle SPAN based recording but you're limited to one local voice LAN but is not tied to the Cisco telephony solution except for JTAPI call control. A cheaper option is TelRex (cheaper and reliable), CallCopy, TASKE, etc but opt not to choose WFM add-ons.

Regarding Calabrio, it has nothing to do with the licensing model. Calabrio is a good recording solution and is deployed in most call centers I work with daily but Cisco Agent Desktop uses SPAN based recordings from the phone itself for monitoring and forks the audio path to the Cisco Supervisor Desktop making the request which minimizes inolvemnet with UCCX once the audio path is established. A conference call Calabrio would have to be able to interpret call control and support more than four audio paths (two calls at two audio paths each) to the supervisor desktop and likewise recording to UCCX.  In addition, conference calling requires transcoding of which Calabrio won't support.

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

You can do trunkside recording by having the gateway fork the media stream to an external recorder.

There is a document here on how to setup your gateway: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-23115

You would have to send the media stream to a Cisco media server and that will record the call. The problem is that Cisco media server is not a complete recording solution.

Calabrio won't work for you as their licensing model won't let you record. I don't know if any other recording solutions will work with trunkside recording.

There is nothing you can do with CCX to record these calls.

Graham