Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX script compatibility v8.5 to v10.6

lohjintiam
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

Even though this is a supported upgrade path, has anyone faced a problem in some of the objects used in the UCCX script in v8.5 when moving to v10.6 that requires the script to be rebuilt from scratch rather than the simple recompilation in the new script editor version?

Thanks!

-JT-

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've not seen any problems.

To be fair the only version upgrades I have seen that necessitate script edits/fixes have been from Windows to Linux, and have been where Windows specific paths, or behaviours not allowed by the Linux Appliance model have been used.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi JT,

Please let me know if you have uploaded ur 8.5 script to 10.6 without any issues.

I am planning to do the same in a few months..... 

Thank you

NK :)

NK,

Most of the time its works fine but there are 1-2 occasion where we had to rebuilt the script (those having DB objects if not mistaken)

Thanks!

-JT-

Open the script in 10.6 script editor and run validation on it to ensure all is well.

NK, please note that upgrading from UCCX version 8.5 to 10.6/11.x does not require the rebuilt of scripts. Since both the versions are Linux based hence there are no such limitations or caveats which used to be there while migrating from Windows version of UCCX to Linux based versions.

After the successful upgrade, scripts should be ready to use as it is and even the recompilation in the new script editor is not required  but you can always do that (Script Validation in the new CCX Editor and then upload them back to the UCCX again) as a best practice just to ensure that the scripts had not been corrupted in any sense during the upgrade process.

Only exception to the above statement is in case if some of your scripts use the Custom JAVA classes then those class files will need to be rewritten in the compatible JAVA version as per the current UCCX version and will need to be uploaded again to the UCCX server for the scripts to work that are making the use of those custom class files. The reason for class files to be rewritten is because of the fact that different UCCX versions use separate JAVA versions such as UCCX 8.5(1) uses the JRE 1.6.0_20 version whereas UCCX 10.6(1) uses the JRE 1.7.0_40.

Regards

Deepak