Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Script Parse Schedule of Numerous Branch Locations

pmayer00111
Level 1
Level 1

We are using UCCX 12.5 SU2

We have over 270 Branch locations for our enterprise and would like to provide a open or closed menu for each branch location. However, there are over 24 different variations of schedules across the numerous branches.

I am trying to find the best way to store this information and parse through it to provide the appropriate caller experience. We currently use an XML file to parse the called number and forward from a published number to a direct number assigned to phones at the appropriate branch location.

My initial though is to store the schedule for each branch in this XML and have the script parse to that information to apply open/closed. My current hurdle is deciphering how to get the script to compare the schedule of the branch to the current time of the call.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can use the .getTime() function to find epoch time and then compare your open/closed time. I've seen a good bit of these questions before on here so everything you need should be already out in public. You're on the right track, that's how I would do it if I didn't have an API or DB to tap into.

david

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

You can use the .getTime() function to find epoch time and then compare your open/closed time. I've seen a good bit of these questions before on here so everything you need should be already out in public. You're on the right track, that's how I would do it if I didn't have an API or DB to tap into.

david

Appreciate the helpful direction David. I think I just about have it sorted. I ended up using that function and saving the hour and minute as separate variables, then comparing the open and close hour and minute if necessary. I'm using Javascript and the DO step to check for all the different cases in a single step.

Thank you.
-Patrick Mayer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: