Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX script - Variable type definition

I'm configuring my first CCX script and I'm stuck on defining as it should a variable, this is what I'm trying to do.  I'm accesing a DB on a SQL server, I'm getting a digit string as an UserID defined as string, then a DB Read making a query for other fileds and a DB Get, the query result it's a full name field defined as string on script and defined as nchar on DB, and when I'm generating the prompt defined as spelling type, the result prompt it's a letter by letter prompt of the full name.   I have tried defined as text and ntext but it says that it's not valid.

Any idea how to define his variable on SQL and also on script so the prompt result be the fullname (first name, last name)

Thanks,

Juan Carlos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

UCCX has built in recordings for numbers and letters.
And yes, it's a different situation. The grammar of numbers is simple. The grammar of anything else, including names, is not.
G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, sorry, but this is a bit confusing. What is the data type in the SQL table? If it is supperted in UCCX, the DB Get step will tell you when mapping it.
G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hello Gergely,

Sorry, I tried to explain my problem but maybe I wasn't clear enough, I capture some screenshoot to explain.

This it's my SQL DB configuration:

This how I´m defining variables for DB Get:

And this how I'm creating the fullname prompt, that as I write at the top, the final prompt says letter by letter of the fullname:

Hope that with this it's more clear for you, any idea how to solve this??

Also, I'm adding another field on DB for email address, how do I have to defined on SQL and also on script variable??

Thanks for your reply.

Hi,

I might be a moron but I still don't understand your question. What are you trying to achieve? Concatenating the first and last name into one string and then reading it back letter by letter?

G.

Ok, for example if FirstName is John and LastName is Doe, the prompt for fullname says j - o - h - n  d - o - e, instead of reading the full name, am I clear now??

I think this issue is because the variable definitions, is it?

Thanks,

Oh, so you want UCCX read it like John Doe, right?

Alright, do you have a TTS server handy? You won't be able to do that without a TTS server. Nuance or something similar.

G.

Yes, sorry but I was doing my best to explain my problem.  A TTS server??  I know that is Text To Speech, but do I have that function with IP IVR license??  Is another appliance??  What do I need??

Thanks again,

Yes, a Text to Speech server. Not part of IP IVR. You may want to contact Nuance, they have have been great to me, giving like a 30 days trial license which can be extended.
G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Ok but, why if I have another prompt of money, the prompt is correct, I mean if the value is 325,000 dollars, it reads 325,000 dollars, and not 3 - 2 - 5 - 0 - 0 - 0 dollars, is not a very similar case but working different??

Thanks for your answers,

Hi Juan

Hope you doing well

Did you manage to solve the spell the name issue.

I also have SQL server pulling name to the script but playing letter by letter

Thanks

shameer

sharose123 you really should create a new Thread on this. However, Spelling a Person's Name is a Playing Letter by Letter..do you mean saying the Entire Name? or what do you mean?

Hi,

I am not Juan, but as I have written before: it's not possible without a TTS server.

IP IVR has no idea how to correctly utter words, let alone names. I am sorry, but you really need to take a look at the compatibility matrix and install Nuance or a supported TTS server.

G.

thanks for your prompt response

Thanks

shameer

I contact Customer Service from Nuance and they tell me that they don't manage trial license of their product Dragon 12, who is your contact?

We've had loads of trouble with Nuance as well - I've no idea how they manage to ever sell anything given how hard we have found it to speak to anyone that knows anything but their home-user products.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!