Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Trigger Application / Unable to play media

W S H FERNANDO
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Experts 

I'm trying to trigger an Application within a Script. Script A is Triggering Script B 

Strict A has Play Prompts and Script B also having Play Prompts. But When I'm Playing a Media in Script B its giving an error as below. 

Trigger.JPG

I believe its something related to "Contact", How we can share the "Contact" between two applications. 

Regds

$

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
In short: In the properties of the Trigger Application step, you pass the Script A Triggering Contact to Script B by way of the Get Trigger Info step, and then in Script B, you play media to this Contact.

A little longer:
This means that in Script A, you will need a Contact variable, and to store the Triggering Contact in it, by using the Get Trigger Info step, and then Trigger Script B by using the Trigger Application step, but this time passing the Script A Contact through to Script B by way of the Context tab in the Trigger Application step.

In Script B, you'll need the Get Trigger Info step, to grab the passed in Contact variable in the Context tab, to store in Script B's own Contact variable. Lastly, you'll need to switch your media steps in Script B, like Play Prompt, away from --Triggering Contact-- to the Contact variable you're using in Script B.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
In short: In the properties of the Trigger Application step, you pass the Script A Triggering Contact to Script B by way of the Get Trigger Info step, and then in Script B, you play media to this Contact.

A little longer:
This means that in Script A, you will need a Contact variable, and to store the Triggering Contact in it, by using the Get Trigger Info step, and then Trigger Script B by using the Trigger Application step, but this time passing the Script A Contact through to Script B by way of the Context tab in the Trigger Application step.

In Script B, you'll need the Get Trigger Info step, to grab the passed in Contact variable in the Context tab, to store in Script B's own Contact variable. Lastly, you'll need to switch your media steps in Script B, like Play Prompt, away from --Triggering Contact-- to the Contact variable you're using in Script B.

Hi Anthony 

Sorry for the delayed confirmation, Yes this is exactly what I did and it worked! Contact ID must be shared as a variable with the sub-application and need to select the Primary application's Contact ID in sub-script's media steps, then it worked. 

Thanks for your prompt reply as always! 

Regds

Sasith 

Thanks for the confirmation! Happy scripting!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: