cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Upgrade 7.X to 10.5

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Kindly suggest me how to upgrade UCCX from version 7.X to 10.5?

Is it Possible to upgrade through Prime collab..,We have 10 seats licenses.,While upgrading to new version we will get Social miner feature for free?

8 Replies 8

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

not aware of Prime Collaboration having an upgrade feature for UCCX.

Anyway, the earliest version you can upgrade from is UCCX 8.5 SU4 (take a look at the compmatrix here), but first of all, you'll have to upgrade to 7.0(2) ES3 (as seen here). Also make sure you have all the licenses. It's probably a good idea to talk to Cisco TAC about this as this is not going to be a one click process.

Talking about the SocialMiner feature: actually, user licenses are included to use the SocialMiner feature, but SocialMiner itself is not included. You'll have to buy a SocialMiner server license and install the SocialMiner application. Take a look at the UCCX 10.5 SRND.

G.

vincent.morton
Level 1
Level 1

George is right, this will not be a one-step process. We're looking at the same thing for a customer just now and it looks like there are a couple of options but they're not simple.

If the current UCCX version is the latest release of 7.1.5, there is an upgrade tool that will allow you to go to UCCX v9. I've used it in the past and it worked very well. However, there is no equivalent tool to go from 7 to 10, so you would need to build a new v9 virtual machine and use the tool to export and import the data to it, then upgrade it to 10.5.

Alternatively, if you can live with losing the historical data or leaving it on the old server for the relevant users to access from there (you'll need to build the new UCCX on new IP addresses), you can manually configure the new system by looking at the old one and copying across. This may be quicker if there are only a couple of applications but may be a lot longer if it's a complex configuration. And, obviously, you introduce the possibility of human error.

These are the two choices as I see it just now. If anyone has another option, please let us know.

@vincent.morton @Gergely Szabo @rossporubski

Thanks guys for your feedback,since we are using for UCCX for IVR purpose, i just planning to do a fresh installation.

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

We've been going through the upgrade process since last June 2014 from CCX7 to 10.5 and it's been nothing short of a complete NIGHTMARE! 

@rossporubski, can you tell us more, so other users can also benefit from it. Thanks. G.

Hi Gergely,

I'm not really sure I'd even know where to begin. Our company chose to do a 50/50 management split for the upgrade, instead of our vendor providing the full forklift upgrade and handling the entire project, (it was a cost savings initiative). We're currently 6 weeks 'PAST' the agreed cut date. Whenever we think we're taking 1 step forward, we wind up taking 3 steps backward. All of the challenges we've encountered are 100% our responsibility, mainly with the telephony how SIP traffic is handled on our SBC. 

I would suggest anybody with a contact center of more than 150 agents let the vendor handle the entire project from start to finish. A lot of blame gets passed around when things aren't working as they should otherwise.

Ross, what route have you taken so we can avoid it?

Hi Vincent, my suggestion is if nobody staffed within the business is a Cisco certified engineer with a design and architecture implementation background, pay the vendor to handle the entire project. We've probably spent about 25% of the time in this endeavor passing blame around for issues with our own equipment. A lot of wasted hours spent to fix network, hardware issues which would've been easily handled by the vendor if it were in the contract.